Chapter 19

"You went back to his house?" I could picture Ally with an ugly scowl on her face on the other end of the line.  Anger was evident in her voice as she spoke.

"I know you love me" I replied with a smooth voice trying to diminish the igniting fire that I could sense inside her.

"Don't play that card on me. Do you even know what 'Hard to Get' means? Haven't you watch enough romance movies to know that you should not give in without a fight?"

"But he was so sweet. I mean he's changing" I whined trying to explain my situation to best friend.

"Oh my god! I think I'm having a fit. You are possessed" Ally breathed loudly as if she was really having a fit.

"Sweetie, darling, I love you! See you later" I chuckled as I ended the call. I knew for sure that someday she would barge in at night and kill me .

I didn't tell her about the attack. I didn't want her worrying about me anymore. She was a strong girl but I unfortunately happened to be on her sensitive side.

I was at my office , relaxing after a long meeting. My bandage was removed today morning as I went to the doctor. Tomorrow I had to visit my parents which I dreaded, knowing my mom would kill me. So many people looking forward to kill me these days, how wonderful.

For the past two days, Marcus and I had been getting along well. He had to go for work but at night we always cooked together. He still had his nightmares. At night I kept my alarm so that I could wake up when Marcus did.

I looked at the pool every night, peeping through my window. As usual, he sat in front of the pool. But one thing was different. Even though he sat by the pool he kept glancing at my room.

I was brought out of my trance as Sarah walked in with a huge stack of files.

I exhaled loudly in annoyance.

"Nope, this is not all. You have more papers to sign"

"You will be the death of me" I folded my arms in front of my chest and I leaned my head on the chair.

"Ma'am the fashion contest between the companies are coming up soon. We are the ones who is hosting it this year. You do remember right?"

"Oh my god. I can't" I slid down my chair like a slug while groaning loudly.

Ignoring me Sarah continued the torture.

"We are planning to have it at the Anderson's hotel in New York. But since the contest lasts for a month they are not willing to give us the hotel for such a long period "

"So what do you want me to do?" I narrowed my eyes already knowing what her answer would be.

Sarah grinned like a Cheshire cat.

"And you happen to be the lovely wife of Mr. Anderson"

"You've got to be kidding me" I hissed through gritted teeth, earning a chuckle in response from my lovely secretary.

"Let's go and see the Andersons" Sarah squealed in delight and  hopped out of the room. I swear she has something going on with Steve.

We drove to Marcus's company which was literally a skyscraper. The building rose high up to the sky almost touching the clouds with it enormous helipad at the roof top. The glass walls in each floor reflected the light of the day blinding the vision of those who walk on the ground.

I covered my eyes with my hand and looked at the building, mentally counting it's floors.

"I want this"