chapter 6

I woke up the next day only to find that Marcus had left early. Today the RJs had a meeting with the Empire's so I would be meeting him this afternoon .

I was at the Empire headquarters with my dad, my brother and a few of our employees.

Empire headquarters were massive buildings towering over the city like four giants. A huge fountain as big as the Mississippi itself was built in the middle, water flowing from a dragon's mouth as it's tail circled the fountain.

We entered a long meeting room and  half of the chairs were already filled with employees of Empire.

I saw Mr. Anderson and Marcus at the end of the table. We made our way to them and I took a seat across from Marcus.

He didn't even take one glance at me so I decided to ignore him, not to make my day more worse.

We discussed about the new island RJs bought in Indonesia. We were to built hotels, restaurants, clothing stores and everything tourist would like in that. But for that we needed Empire's help and that's when the director board found me very useful.

I hated it whenever I had to represent RJ and the director board also equally hated me for always acting like a rebel. Whenever there was a problem in business other groups make plans to overcome the damage but our strategy had been to marry some of their own to another.

That's why we lasts longer as a powerful conglomerate in the states. Because we have sacrificial goats unlike the others. Which gives me more and more reasons to hate them.

And whenever the RJ gives out a marriage proposal the other groups can do nothing but accept it because they wouldn't let good business go away just like that. RJ might be the most asshole conglomerate ever but they still holds the power in the market.

No wonder Marcus hates me. He had no choice but to accept me. But I didn't have one either. And I knew it all my life.

The meeting came to an end after god knows how many hours. Everyone left the table but Marcus remained in his seat, going through some file. I also stayed glued to my seat not knowing what I was doing.

But all I knew was that I felt bad about yesterday and the guilt wouldn't go away until I do something. I wanted to apologize for misunderstanding him and for invading his privacy.

Apologizing wasn't my thing so I felt weird.

"Umm" I cleared my throat and he slowly raised his head and looked me in the eye.

"Umm I'm sorry for scolding you yesterday and- for invading your personal space "

He stared at me a few seconds and took a sharp intake of breath.

" I'm sorry too"

I was taken aback. I quickly pinched myself to see if this was a dream or not.

"What?" I looked at him, trying to see whether he was joking.

"For shouting at you"

"Oh" I nodded my head. "I don't know um...do you want to grab some dinner?" I asked him already knowing that he would refuse.

He again kept his eyes fixed on mine and then slowly nodded his head.

I was surprised but I quickly hid my expression and went out before I could embarrass myself anymore.

As I was talking with my dad outside Marcus came out.

"I'll pick you up" He said as he walked passed me.

I blinked deliberately still not believing what I heard. He said yes to dinner and now is coming to pick me up? Blood was racing through my body trying to pump out because of all the shock I was going through.