Chapter 37

I ran my fingers through his soft hair, pulling on the strands while messaging his scalp.

Marcus was sprawled over me, his head lying on my lap as he slept peacefully. It was late evening and the contestants would be arriving shortly. I leaned my back on the headboard and went through some papers related to our sales.

Marcus's tie and coat were lying beside the bed. The top buttons of his shirt were undone giving me a good view of his toned body. Sometimes I wonder how a handsome man like him could be human, and much less my husband. 

But every perfect moment didn't last long. And the moment I was having didn't last long either as I heard the most annoying voice calling out to me from the hallway.

"Camilla! Dear sister where are you?"  Jake shouted like I was lost in the woods.

The door was partly open so Jake found us soon. His eyes widened in amusement seeing the sleeping figure of Marcus.

"Okay sleeping beauty wake up!" Jake commanded Marcus earning an angry hiss from me.

"What? The contestants arrived. You should probably be down there"

"All right we'll come but you don't have to wake Marcus"

"So you are going to do that? But I think you're too busy checking him out. So let me do the job" Jake walked closer to the bed.

"Jake" I whisper yelled but Jake gestured at me to calm down.

"I will gently wake him up"

"Why are you waking him up in the first place?"

"Because you don't normally get to wake up the Marcus Anderson who is sleeping on you like a baby"

"Get out"

"No"

Jake leaned into whisper in Marcus's ear. But Jake being Jake did the complete opposite.

"MARCUS!" Jake shouted in Marcus's ear and I slapped him on the back before pushing him away.

Marcus closed his ear with his hand and groaned in pain. He slightly opened his eyes and looked at me in confusion. I gave him an apologetic smile and then he turned to Jake who was standing with a huge grin on his face.

Jake's grin widened as Marcus glared at him in annoyance.

"If he wasn't your brother he would be long dead by now" Marcus sat up and leaned his back on the headboard beside me.

"What's he doing here anyway?"

"The dinner you were talking about" Jake said expectantly and sat on the couch near the window.

"What dinner?" Marcus narrowed his eyes and looked at me in confusion.

"The dinner that you were gonna treat him to. Actually the extravagant dinner you two are going to have while talking about Jake's new hotel" I said. 

Marcus opened his mouth to ask what dinner I was talking about but I nudged his shoulder and mouthed at him to shut up.

I slowly leaned in his ear and whispered so that Jake wouldn't hear.

"I actually wanted him to meet Blair because I really want them to be together. And he won't come if I said it and that's where you became useful"

Marcus scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Now let's go double dating"

I blushed as soon as I realized what I just said. Dating was for people in love. Neither Marcus nor I had confessed. And I wasn't sure whether Marcus wanted to do so or whether he felt any love towards me.