Chapter 61

"So you mean Blair is Meghan?" I asked in shock. Marcus nodded his head and stared at Blair, his eyes held guilt.

"Go and talk to her" I tried grabbing his sleeves but he pulled back.

"No I ruined her family. I can't face her" Marcus shook his head frantically.

"Marcus you gotta stop blaming yourself for everything"

He opened his mouth to say something but ignoring him I dragged him to where Blair was.

She was eating cake with Jake, laughing about something. I nudged Marcus on the elbow but he kept silence.

"Okay if you don't want to then let's go. I'm not gonna force you" I turned around to go back but Marcus held my arm, his eyes focused on Blair. He took a sharp intake of breath, preparing himself.

"Meghan"

Blair's body tensed. She turned around and stared at us in shock. Jake narrowed his eyes and looked at Marcus curiously.

"How do you know that?" He asked Marcus and then turned to Blair. "Isn't that the nickname your mother used to call you? I thought only I knew" Jake's lips formed into a sad pout.

"Except for my parents only you and-" Blair's voice trailed off as her gaze fell on Marcus. Then her eyes widened as realisation dawned upon her.

She started breathing heavily, her ribs heaving up and down. Her eyes began filling up with tears as she continued to stare at him. Marcus looked down in guilt, still holding my arm for support.

"Marky?" Her voice, almost a whisper.

"Meghan i-i'm-" Marcus stuttered trying to form a sentence.

"It's really you?"

Marcus nodded his head.

"I can't believe this" She covered her mouth with her hand and almost fell to the back. Instantly Jake wrapped an arm around her, holding her steadily.

"Y-you have umm... grown up. I couldn't recognise you. Sorry" Marcus struggled to speak, still looking down.

"I couldn't either. I never thought you would be the Marcus Anderson. My Mother would be so proud of who you are now. So am I"

At the mention of her mother Marcus's grip on my arm tightened. I kept my hand over his, reassuring him.

"Don't you hate me?" He asked, his voice quivering.

"Why would I hate you?"

"You mother died because of me. I ripped your family apart-"

"My mother's only wish was for you to lead a good life without any suffering. And it became true. She will be happier than ever. I don't hate you Marcus. I'm happy for you" Blair smiled, a tear falling down her eyes. "And umm... Rebecca-is she-" she stuttered anxiously.

"You want to meet her?" Marcus asked with a sad smile.

"She's still with you?"

He nodded. "Yes she's working in my company now"

"Does she know?"

"I told her a few months ago. She would be very happy to met you"

Blair looked at Jake and he nodded his head, encouraging her. "Let's meet her"

...

We were at a cafe by the lake waiting for Rebecca to arrive.

While we were waiting Marcus told me that after he came to his father his mother's parents took Rebecca in. Even though she was not their real granddaughter they felt guilty for what their daughter did. Since they already had a strained relationship with Kaitlyn they were happy to take care of Rebecca as family.