Chapter 40

We were in the indoor garden of the hotel's eighth floor. The theme of the photoshoot today was summer but since it was winter outside we had to have the shoot in the indoor garden which was almost like a green house.

Before the photoshoot of the contestants began the owners had their own photoshoot. We were asked to do one for the front pages of the magazines.

My stylists gave me a light pink blazer jacket and pink pants to match the roses behind me.

Throughout the entire photoshoot Marcus sat on a wooden stool at the corner, smiling while I posed for pictures. I had done this all my life but under his stare I felt slightly embarrassed.

Clara tried shoving me away so that she could take the spotlight but I didn't even budge. And since I was the one hosting the event, naturally the spotlight would be on me.

After an exhausting photoshoot, I asked the cameramen to send me my photos and after receiving them, I quickly ran to the other side to hug Marcus who was scrolling through his phone.

I engulfed him in a warm hug and sat on his lap, surprising him. Marcus quickly wrapped his arm around me to keep me steady and I pecked his lips with a huge grin on my face.

He beamed at me and returned the peck with a passionate kiss. He pulled me to him and groaned in pleasure while tangling his tongue with mine. I pressed him further back to deepen the kiss but I suddenly got an idea when I saw the phone in his hand.

"Give me your phone" I held my hand out and he kept his phone on my palm without question.

I quickly sent a picture of me from the photoshoot to his phone and changed Marcus's wallpaper to it. Marcus gave me a are you serious look but I just grinned at him and tucked his phone inside his coat pocket.

"You changed my wallpaper to a photo of you?"

"Smile" Without answering him I held my phone to take a selfie with me on his lap. He narrowed his eyes but kissed my cheek as I took the photo.

"Hey I told you to smile not to kiss"

"Don't care, I like it that way" he kissed my cheek again and I looked back giving him a disapproving pout. With a smirk he kissed my pout and showered me with more kisses on my left cheek.

I groaned in annoyance and stood up, pushing him away. Through the corner of my eye I saw Steve and Sarah staring at us, giggling in joy.

Marcus stood up and pulled me to him by my wrist. He landed another kiss on my lips and looked at me intently. "I have to go to to Thailand for a few weeks"

"Weeks? When will you be coming back?"

"I don't know but I will get here before the finals"

I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed loudly. Suddenly weeks felt like years for me. How am I supposed to stay that long without him? The longer we stayed together the harder it gets to stay apart.

"I have to go to my office now. But I will come later at night. Don't hang out with the male models. Don't go outside alone. Don't cross roads alone. Be safe. Eat well "

He leaned down for another kiss but I bent back my head and laughed loudly, tears pricking my eyes at his overprotectiveness. "Marcus I have been living well for 24 years. And you are just leaving for a few days. Not forever"

He shook his head and pressed another kiss on my lips. "Everything's not the same. You're with me now. I don't want you to get hurt again"

"Fine fine my prince charming. I'll be eagerly waiting for your arrival" I stood on my tip toes and gave him a kiss on his forehead.