Chapter 42

The little boy hid behind the door to peak at his little sister who was born just a few days ago. His mom sat on the bed, breastfeeding the small baby while cradling her in her arms. James, the nightmare of his life sat next to his mother as he caressed the small baby.

He was happy but yet jealous that his sister received all the love that he never had. His mother who pitied him at the beginning now tortured him for entertainment. His stepdad who never looked at him with love continued to release his frustration through him.

The boy edged closer to the door to get a better view but the door creased making a loud sound. The boy whimpered as he heard foot steps on the other side, stomping towards him in anger.

The door suddenly flew open and James stood, gritting his teeth in anger. He held the boy by his collar and lifted him off the ground.

"What did I tell you about coming to this floor?" He roared in anger, tightening his hold on the little boy.

"I-I just wanted to see my sister" tears streamed down the boy's face as he trembled in fear.

"You have no sister. You are even lucky that I'm still keeping you alive. If I see you here again I won't hesitate to starve you to death. You understand me?" The boy nodded and James spat on the his face and threw him to the floor.

He kicked his face and pushed him off the stairs. The boy rolled down to the ground and bit his lip to stop the cries that were trying to escape his lips. His wailing would only anger his mother and James more.

The boy slowly stood up and wiped the blood off his lips. He limped to the window and opened it to gaze at the small shabby house next to them. Barabara's house.

He lifted himself off the ground and jumped out of the window. A truck came into his view and he quickly hid behind the bushes as he recognised it. It was the truck of Kyle, the man who read his letter on Christmas and embarrassed him in front of everyone.

The door of it opened and Kyle and Logan came out. The two men who always tortured him whenever they get drunk.

The little boy quickly dashed to the other house and jumped inside through the window.

"Oh my god" the girl yelled in shock and patted her heart, trying to slow her rapid breathing.

"Marky there's a door over there. You don't have to jump from the window"

"I will jump if I want to"

"How rude"

The boy walked to the kitchen as he heard a baby cry. Barbara's daughter was born not long ago. Just few days after his sister, Clara was born.

"Young master. You are here" Barbara stood up from the chair with a smile on her face but it quickly changed seeing the blood on the boy's face.

"Young master. What happened to you?" She handed over her daughter to the girl and came running to the him.

"I'm alright. I came to see your daughter. Can I hold her?"

Barbara looked at him in pity and sighed loudly. "Sure. Meghan give the baby to young master"

The girl gave the small baby to the boy who looked at the little girl lying in his arms with adoration.

"Did you give her a name?"

" Mommy and I didn't come up with a good one yet. What's your sister's name?"