Chapter 25

Marcus took a step back, flabbergasted. He quickly untangled her arms and pushed her away.

"What the hell Marcus? Are you treating me like this because you're married? You even came to me three days before you married her" Clara pointed at me and I suddenly felt my eyes watering.

I quickly turned and walked away from them. I couldn't bear to look at him. Even though there was no connection between us back then, I thought he would have at least respected the concept of marriage.

He knew he was marrying me. Yet he had to go for someone. That's why they were so friendly back in Florida. Who knows what they did behind my back when I was there. 

I considered Marcus to be a much more mature and responsible person and not someone who seeks pleasure instead of solutions.

And even if he did I had no problem. But it's Clara and that boiled my blood. This was not the first time she stole something mine and I'm afraid she would again. 

"Hey hey Camilla" Marcus came running and grabbed me by my hand.

"Get your hands off of me" I yanked my hand back, still not meeting his eyes.

He didn't listen and forcefully dragged me to an empty room near the lobby.

He locked the door. I scoffed and sat on a chair nearby. Marcus slowly walked towards me and knelt in front of me. He held my hands with both of his as he stared at me in guilt.

"What now? Go and play with your nice booty call" I said while looking away. I knew he saw the tears in my eyes but I still didn't want look at him.

I liked Marcus a lot more than I've ever liked my previous boyfriends. They just used me but Marcus became someone special. His relationship with Clara hurt me more than I thought it would and it strangely made me feel jealous.

"I'm sorry. At first I didn't want this marriage. I-I did it to get it out of my mind. But I promise I never did anything like that from the moment I put this ring on your finger"  he said while brushing his fingers against my wedding ring.

I was someone who firmly believed in marriage. Respect and honesty were the most important factors to make the bond last. He knew I didn't like her and he could have told me about the relationship they had today morning.

Maybe I was overreacting, maybe it was nothing but you never know until you feel it yourself. And right now my heart was aching.

Involuntarily, a single tear escaped my eyes at his words. I heard him sigh before he stood up.

He slowly leaned in and kissed the tear on my cheek. My eyes widened in surprise as I looked into his eyes.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me off the chair, making me stand up. He looked at me and different kinds of emotions flashed across his eyes.

Regret, pain and sorrow.

He kissed another tear that fell on my cheeks and this time the kiss lasted longer lingering on my cheek as my body shivered under his tender touch. He cupped my face with both of his hands and slightly lifted my head so that our eyes would meet.

"Don't cry. I don't like seeing you cry" he whispered in a broken voice.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him. I kept my head on his shoulder and tried to hide my tear filled eyes.

His eyes fluttered shut inhaling my scent as he stroked my hair, mumbling an apology. I was pressed to his chest tightly and I felt our wild hearts beating at a swift pace demanding to be let out.