f o u r

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter four
imprint.

      "Are you still friends with Leah Clearwater?"

Christina turned her head curiously towards her younger sister; lightly placing her coffee down on the table. "I haven't talked to her since you left for Italy. Why?"

Bella leaned up against the threshold to the kitchen, crossing her arms against her chest. "Did you know that she's a werewolf now?"

Christina's eyes widened. "What?"

Bella nodded her head. "Her and her younger brother Seth." Bella cleared her throat lightly. "Jacob said that hearing about Sam and Emily's engagement set her off. No one was expecting it because she's the first female to shift."

"And Seth's only fourteen." Christina bit her lip in guilt. She hadn't even thought to call the Clearwater's, or go over to the house. Between working, taking care of Annie, and hiding from Victoria— her mind's been preoccupied lately.

"Poor Leah," Christina muttered. "I know how hurt she was when Sam left her for Emily."

"Jacob mentioned something about that," the younger Swan said as she sat down in front of Christina. "The pack calls it imprinting, I guess."

"Like ducks?"

"That's what I thought," Bella exclaimed. "But, the way that Jacob was describing it was, it's involuntary. It's this otherworldly connection, where nothing else matters for the wolf; just their imprint."

"So, it's like their way of finding a soulmate," Christina concluded.

Bella shrugged. "Something stronger than that, I guess— but yeah."

"So, Sam imprinted on Emily. He couldn't fight it?"

"It's not something they can fight," Bella muttered. "If either person tried to fight the connection they'd both be hurting."

Christina leaned back in her seat with a sigh. "I'm glad I'm not a wolf."

"I think we can agree with that."

Both Swan sisters jump at the sudden intrusion. Christina looked over her shoulder with narrowed eyes as she stared at Edward; a smirk lingering in his face.