f i f t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fifteen
tick tock, tick tock, tick tock.

        Christina stood in the back corner as she watched Carlisle pull out the remaining blood bags— there was only two left. She frowned heavily as he placed them back in the cooler and locked it.

"So, that's all that's left?" Jacob asked as he looked back up to the doctor. Both men were pursing their lips as the information settled with them.

"Bella could deliver as early as tomorrow," Carlisle informed. "If she's going to have any chance of making it, she'll need more blood."

"And you need to feed," Christina pointed out. She evenly stared at his blackened eyes— hers not looking much better. "You have to be at your strongest for her. You need to go tonight."

Carlisle sighed deeply.

"Carlisle, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate," Jacob explained. "You will be slaughtered."

"Emmett, Jasper and Alice will come with me," Carlisle mentioned.

"That won't be enough," Jacob shook his head.

"We have no choice, Jacob," Christina snapped lightly. "We have to try to do anything we can to save Bella."

"You would all risks your lives for her?" Jacob asked, looking between Carlisle and Christina.

"Of course," both of them answered without hesitation.

"Bella's our family," Carlisle continued.

Jacob nodded slowly. His shoulders loosened up, but he still kept his arms crossed over his chest. "Yeah. I can see that. This really is a family. As strong as the one I was born into." He looked towards the front door. "I know what I have to do."

Christina rubbed her stomach as she questioned him. "What is that?"

"There's only going to be a small window for you guys to get to where you need to go and come back," Jacob explained. "I'm going to try and distract them long enough for you all to make it unharmed."

Carlisle held out his hand, and shook Jacob's— after a moment of pause from the wolf. "Thank you, Jacob."

"I just hope you all can run," Jacob muttered before running out the door, shifting halfway to the forest.