s e v e n

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter seven
gesture.

Christina jokingly took away Charlie's glass of champagne, which he immediately took out of her hands, making her laugh in response. "Come on."

"Get your own," he grumbled, downing the rest of the drink as Bella and Edward walked closer to their table.

Edward shook Billy's hand. The old man already on edge with Christina so close by and still being a newborn— but she was in control. She had left the party before the newly weds showed up to drink a bag of blood upstairs in Carlisle's office— not that he needed to know that.

"Nice to see you," Edward said, a grateful smile resting on his face.

"I'm happy for you," Billy grumbled back, and surprisingly, it didn't sound like he was lying.

Carlisle wrapped his arm around Christina as he finished his conversation with Renee and Phil. She smiled as his lips found the side of her head.

"I hope you'll be happy, Bella," Billy stated before turning his eyes to the young mother. "You too, Christina."

"Thank you," they answered at the same time.

"Have you heard from him?" Bella questioned, nerves building up in her stomach waiting for the answer.

"I'm sure Jacob wishes you the best," Billy answered instead, making her sigh.

"Well, I plan on getting drunk. They're serving up some pretty fancy champagne," Charlie grumbled before turning back towards the bar. Billy right on his heels, both men meeting up with Sue and Harry Clearwater.

Christina tugged on Carlisle's hands with a sly grin. "Come dance with me."

The father chuckled as he turned to Edward and Bella. "Enjoy yourselves tonight."

Bella laughed as Christina managed to drag Carlisle into the middle of the dance floor as an upbeat pop song started playing. The young mother threw her hands up into the air as she twirled around the blond.

"Come." Edward tugged with a smile. "Let's go greet the rest of our guests."

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

Emmett cleared his throat as his finger hit the mic twice, making the speakers ring loudly. Everyone cringed away from the sound before they turned their attention to the stage, making Emmett smile.