s i x t e e n

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter sixteen
epilogue.

"Christina, stay inside," Edward ordered as he ran down the stairs. A new heart beat was coming from up above them; a new sense of hope. "You're in no condition to fight."

Christina growled because she knew that Edward was right. "So, you're going to take them on by yourself?"

Two growls came from out of the forest and stood in front of the house; Seth and Leah. Christina shook her head as she looked towards Edward. "We're outnumbered."

"By a lot," he nodded his head. "I won't let them hurt my family."

Christina stared widely at Edward, remembering those exactly words coming out of Carlisle's mouth. Her heart warmed as she realized how grown Edward's become since the beginning of the pregnancy. She held in another hiss as pain came back to her abdomen.

Edward disappeared from Christina's view. He immediately tackled one of the wolves onto the ground, while throwing another one off his shoulders. Seth and Leah were holding off three other wolves; leaving two wolves staring at Christina. They each took a step with a matching growl before they both were tackled onto the ground by blurs.

Emmett and Jasper threw their respective wolves into the tree line as Carlisle flashed in front of his pregnant wife. A wolf snuck by Edward's defenses and ran forward towards the leader. He was quick on his feet as he tackled the wolf back down the stairs and into the woods.

Christina hissed as another pain wave came. She glanced down at her stomach in worry.

The Cullens backed up towards the front porch, blocking the pregnant vampire, and the kids. Christina gripped onto Carlisle's arm tightly, in worry and in pain.

The front door burst open behind Christina. Jacob jumped in front of the Cullen's as he faced Sam in his human form. "Stop it! It's over— if you kill her, you kill me!"

Paul lunged forwards towards Jacob again, making him phase on the spot and tower over the silver wolf. A snarl ripped through the air as he turned his eyes towards Sam, leaning over the black wolf.

"Jacob imprinted," Edward explained, reading the wolves thoughts. "They can't hurt her. Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their most absolute law."

Sam's wolf sneezed before backing away slowly. All of the Cullens relaxed as each wolf left the front year. Christina didn't miss the look she received from Sam on his way out. She didn't have time to question it as she doubled over in pain, clenching her teeth against each other.