s i x

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter six
epoch.

"Carlisle!"

Both Christina and Carlisle glanced up from watching Annie's pick of a movie. Carlisle moves faster than Christina did, but they both stood up as Bella and Edward came into the living room; the former holding her hand to her chest with a bag of frozen pees on it.

"What happened?" Christina asked immediately as she reached Bella's side. She looked over Bella's hand that was in Carlisle's grasp, noticing the slight bruising around the wrist with worry. "Did you fall or something?"

"Uh," Bella cleared her throat. "I punched Jacob in the face."

Christina blinked in shock before making eye contact with Edward with a silent question. He nodded his head as Carlisle pulled Bella gently to the couch before speeding out of the room to grab his medical bag.

Both Edward and Christina stepped out on to the front porch, and the mother waited patiently for Edward to explain what happened.

"Jacob forced himself on Bella, and kiss her without her consent," Edward explained, his usual golden hues turning into a murky brown. "She punched him in retaliation."

Christina was silent as she brewed over what Edward said before almost snarling under her breath. "I'm going to fucking kill him—"

"That's not all," Edward interrupted, with furrowed brows. "You should know that I found something within Jacob's thoughts, and you're not going to like it."

Christina eyes narrowed as her usually calm temper boiled under the surface. "Okay..."

"Seth Clearwater imprinted on Annie."

Christina froze as the words registered in her brain. She tightly gripped her fists as anger started brewing from the pit of her stomach. "They're both dead," she growled out before turning back into the house.

Christina walked angrily past Carlisle, Bella, and Annie before rummaging through the closet in the hallway. Edward followed after her, already reading her thoughts. "Christina—"

"Don't." She held up the baseball bat she was looking for, a storm rising in her eyes as she turned and stared at Edward. "Even."

"What's going on?" Carlisle asked with his hands raised, looking between both his girlfriend and his son. "What happened?"