n i n e

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter nine
compromise.

           "So, hiding out in the mountains is the plan?" Christina asked as she walked into the middle of the field with Carlisle next to her, holding on to her hand lightly.

They were all meeting in the field that they wanted to trick the newborns to travel into. Christina has just left work, still in her scrubs, with Annie in her arms. The six year old smiled brightly as she saw Seth and Jacob walking in from the other end of field. She wiggled out of her mom's hold before racing towards Seth, easily jumping into his arms. Christina sighed, which made Carlisle chuckle as he pulled her into his side.

"That's the plan," Bella answered back. "Edward will be up there with us."

Christina's eyebrow raised as Jacob snorted, "What, you pull a muscle or something?"

Bella rolled her eyes. "He's doing it for me, okay?"

"Whatever," Jacob scoffed before crossing his arms over his chest. "Just tell me the plan."

Jasper stepped forward slightly. "This field will give us an advantage in battle. We need to lure the newborns with Bella and Christina's scent. It needs to end here."

"Edward, Christina, Annie and I will be going up to a campsite—"

Christina shook her head, "I already made arrangements with Sam to keep Annie at Emily's for the weekend. There's a couple wolves he's leaving behind with the imprints, and I rather Annie not be so close to battle."

Everyone nodded their head in acknowledgment.

"So, if Edward and Carlisle carry us up to the field, they'll pick up our scents," Bella continued to explain, looking back towards Jacob and Seth.

Christina chuckled slightly as she watched Annie grip tightly into Seth's hair from his shoulders. He barely blinked in pain as she tried to braid whatever hair he had left from his recent cut.

"Your stench, however, is revolting—" Edward smirked.

"Dude," Jacob growled. "You do not want to start comparing stinks."

"What Edward means to say..." Carlisle gave his son a look, which went ignored by the mind reader. "Is that your scent will cover the girls, if you both carry them up to the campsite."