f o u r t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fourteen
good thing i've got a strong stomach.

       "Are you cold?" Edward asked as he stared down at Bella.

Christina scooted her— now warm— body closer to Bella's feet as Jacob moved on the floor. "Got it," he muttered. He raised his arm to rest near Bella's stomach as Christina grabbed Bella's feet and allowed her to stretch out.

Bella hummed lowly towards Jacob. "Don't do that."

"Do what?" he asked.

"Smile like I'm your favorite person in the world," she answered lowly.

Jacob shrugged. "You're one of them."

Bella hummed again as her eyes closed. "Feels complete when you're here, Jake." Everyone tensed as Bella hugged the bucket in her arms closer, coughing dryly into it.

"I thought the steaks were working," Christina muttered sadly as Bella dry heaved. "We need to find something for her to ingest."

"If only I could see the fetus—"

"The baby," Rosalie corrected.

Alice ignored her blonde sister as she continued, "I would be able to see what it wants."

It was silent for a moment before Edward spoke up, a simmer of hope in his voice. "Think you might be right. Jacob just had an idea."

Jacob scoffed with a shake of his head. "It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment."

"What were you thinking?" Bella asked, leaning her head up to stare at her best friend.

Jacob still had a half smile on his face at the idea. "That it was probably looking for someone to sink it's teeth into."

"He's thirsty," Christina mumbled.

"I know the feeling," Emmett pouted as he looked down. Christina patted his arm softly in comfort.

"If it's craving," Edward started. "It's not gonna want animal blood."

Carlisle hummed. "I have some O-negative laid aside for Bella." He left to run upstairs to his office.

Christina's throat clenched harshly at the thought of blood. She robotically got up from the couch. "Annie, come with me." The six year old immediately ran to her mother as they walked outside onto the porch.