f i f t e e n

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fifteen
the happily ever after.

        "Now you know," Alice said as she stepped back from Aro's hand. The ruby eyed vampire blinked owlishly at the pixie in front of him. "That's your future. Unless you decide on a different course."

Caius scoffed. "We cannot alter our course. The children still pose a grave threat."

Edward stepped forward. "But what if you were sure they could remain concealed from the human world? Could we leave in peace?"

Christina furrowed her brows as she looked over at Edward.

"Of course," Caius replied. "But that cannot be known."

"Actually, it can," he corrected. Edward turned his attention to the trees where Jasper and Alice had walked out of just moments before.

Two more vampires walked out of the trees. Christina laid her hand on top of Carlisle's arm, hearing the fast heartbeat of the male vampire that stood tall.

Both vampires had a golden skin tone, which was unusual for vampires — the male was tanner than the female, but the both of them had a glow to their skin. They were wearing tribe clothes, neither bothered by the snowfall surrounding them as they wore little to nothing — just covering the essentials.

"I've been searching for witnesses of my own among the Ticuna tribes of Brazil," Alice explained as the two vampires stood behind her and Jasper.

Caius sneered. "We have enough witnesses."

Aro held up a single hand, halting his brother's anger. "Let them speak, brother."

"I am half human, half vampire — like the children," the male started. "A vampire seduced my mother, who died giving birth to me. My aunt," he pointed to the female next to him, "Huilen, raised me as her own. I made her immortal."

"How old are you?" Bella asked, stepping forward to talk to the halfbreed.

Christina tightened the hold on Carlisle's arm as she awaited his answer.

"A hundred and fifty years."

Christina let out a deep breath as she looked down at Greyson with a small smile.