e i g h t

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter eight
the future.

          Carlisle sighed as he sat down next to his wife on the couch. Everyone paused as they waited for him to explain his phone call with the Denali clan. "Tanya convinced Irina to come to reconcile with us."

Christina pursed her lips tightly.

"It looks like she changed her mind," Edward commented back.

"Seeing the wolves must have been too much for her," Bella muttered softly.

Christina sighed loudly, resting her head on the back of the couch. "I wish I could have just talked to her."

Carlisle wrapped his arm that was behind her head, around her shoulders, bringing her into his chest. "She's family, she'll come around."

Everyone tried relaxing and going back to their activities at Carlisle's final words. Edward turned back to the piano, teaching Nessie how to play a lullaby he produced. The sound rang through the quiet living room, besides Annie and Greyson coloring at the coffee table.

Christina couldn't help but think something was going to come out of Irina seeing the wolves and children play— she just wished she knew what it was.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

         It's been a few days since Irina disappeared from the woods, and no one has heard anything from her; even Alice wasn't able to get a clear vision of her future. She just kept seeing Irina in the woods distraught and confused. Christina tried ignoring the unsettling feeling in her chest, but with every blank vision from Alice got her more nervous.

Carlisle's tried calling the Denali again, seeing if Irina had made it home, but they haven't seen her either. They were also feeling the loss of their sister and were concerned with the fact that they couldn't get in touch with her.

Christina finished Annie's braids in her hair, tying them with elastic bands at the bottom. Annie grinned as her curls were finally out of her face before she took off towards Nessie and Greyson.

The mother was paying too much attention to the children playing, she didn't notice Alice's pause in her steps— not until she heard the falling of a vase in the pixie's hands.

The blue vase full of wildflowers fell right between Alice's fingers, as the psychic became trapped in her mind. Jasper was immediately next to her, as soon as the vase touched the ground and shattered. Everyone was quiet as Alice had her vision before dread filled their undead hearts as fear took over Alice and Edward's features.