n i n e

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit forchapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter nine
unexpected.

        "You were right— kinda." Bella laughed over the phone as she talked to Christina.

The young mother sat down on the back porch as Bella explained how Edward agreed with Bella finally. She also mentioned how she wanted to experience a year of college while remaining human.

"It's not because of the sex, is it?" Christina asked, knowing the answer to her question anyway. She could practically hear Bella's blood rushing over the phone call, bringing a blush to her cheeks as she laughed awkwardly.

"Maybe?" she answered. "I just didn't know what I was missing out on before."

Christina chuckled. "Just wait til you transition. You think being human and having sex is good."

Bella paused as she thought about her next question. "So, you're okay with it?"

"Okay with what?"

"Me becoming a vampire?"

Christina sighed softly. "I'd be a little bit of a hypocrite if I said no, wouldn't I?"

"I'd rather you be honest," Bella answered instead.

"No," Christina answered shortly. "I would love for you to remain human, but... I also would have preferred myself to be human. I'm just accepting what is. I know you won't change your mind about becoming a vampire, and I can't stop you. So I accept your decision to make your own life how you will."

"Thanks, Nina," Bella whispered.

The call quickly ended after their serious conversation. Christina placed her phone next to her, and soaked up the rare sun coming through the trees. She closed her eyes against the shimmering diamonds that littered her skin, marking her as immortal; different, dangerous.

She tried not to be a martyr in her newly transitioned life— but she did allow herself five minutes of missing her human life. Five minutes to spend in guilt for regretting turning into a vampire, knowing that she wouldn't be able to be with Carlisle forever if she didn't change. Five minutes to resent Riley Biers for cutting her throat and making her have to make the decision. Five minutes to miss the taste of coffee in the mornings, and apple pie every Thursday at the diner.

She gave herself five minutes until she opened her eyes. The sun went back behind the cloud, hiding her shimmering skin from the world— along with the selfish thoughts of wishing to have stayed human.