t h i r t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter thirteen
mirror.

She didn't want this.

Those were the words that Carlisle kept repeating in his head like a mantra. He's never felt more sick to his stomach than Edward telling him his fiancée was in transition. He didn't blame Edward or Seth for it; he couldn't because it wasn't their fault. No one could have predicted that Riley and Victoria would show up at the campsite instead. If they did, Carlisle would have been up on the mountain instead. But because Alice's visions were cut off because of the wolves, there was really no telling that this could happen.

Carlisle cursed his legs for not moving faster to get to the house. He believed both Alice and Edward that Christina would wake up perfectly fine; but he had to see it with his own two eyes. Hearing that she could have died on the mountain was enough to scare him into never leaving her side again.

He also wouldn't have been able to see her again if she didn't tell Edward to change her at the last minute. He wanted to throw up at the thought— the pain in his empty chest was almost too much for him to handle.

She didn't want this.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

Bella jumped as the office door slammed open. She had just told Seth to leave and pick up Annie from Emily's house, and moved on to cleaning up the rest of Christina's body.

She had yet to remove her clothes, mostly because she didn't have anything to change Christina into afterwards— so she had to wait until the rest of the Cullens came home.

Carlisle and Edward speed walked across the room— the latter bringing the brunette into a hug, ignoring the fact that she was still covered in her sister's blood. Carlisle brushed his fiancée's hair away from her face, before staring at the long gash across her neck. The wound that almost took her away from him.

"I tried..." Bella spoke up softly. "I tried cleaning her up before you got back..."

Carlisle shook his head, trying to keep his composure until later on. "You did well, thank you. Both of you."

"She's so quiet," Bella muttered, looking down at her sister's stoic face.

"But her heart's getting stronger," Edward commented, listening to her empty thoughts, but strong heart beat. Bella sighed thankfully against Edward's chest.