f i v e

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter five
declaration.

Carlisle moved to stand behind Christina as the News Reporter talked on the flat screen. Christina brought her nail to her lips as she listened to the report.

"Seattle is in a state of terror. Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances."

Bella and Edward entered the living room as the reported continued. Bella glanced once towards her sister's anxiety ridden face before biting her lip as she turned to the TV.

"Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN."

Carlisle muted the TV before resting his hands on the top of Christina's shoulders. She sighed, taking her nail away from her teeth before gripping onto Carlisle's hand in worry. He gave her the slightly squeeze as he gained everyone in the room's attention. "It's getting worse. We're going to have to do something."

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting," Jasper mentioned as he stood in the corner of the room. "Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..."

"Newborns," Edward concluded, gaining Christina and Bella's attention.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked, looking around the room for an answer.

"Hungry new vampires," Christina added, making Carlisle rubbed her shoulder slowly.

"In their first few months after the change," Edward explained with a nod.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst," Jasper explained, not once making the young mother feel better.

Emmett smirked trying to lighten up the tension in the room. "Something to look forward to," he joked glancing towards Bella.

"No one has trained these newborns, but this isn't random," Jasper continued, ignoring Emmett's comment.

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle stated.

Christina got up from the couch as she walked around the couch towards the wine she brought over way before Bella's birthday party. She was almost surprised that it was still here, but at this moment she was glad.