t e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter ten
talented.

          "Again," Christina growled out as she got thrown into the tree line. She was starting to regret her decision about asking for help on the battlefield.

Carlisle chuckled as he stood in the middle of the field again.

"Maybe you should try with someone else," Kate suggested, a smirk settling on her face. "'Make it a little more interesting."

"Kate," Carlisle warned, but she just waved him off.

"If it comes down to a fight, you're going to need all the practice you can get," Kate pointed out. Christina stood straight as she met eyes with the blonde.

"It's not going to come down to a fight," Christina mentioned, almost automatically. It was just instinct at this point to try and convince everyone it was going to be a peaceful show out in the field.

"Then why are you practicing?" Kate pointed out, crossing her arms over her chest as the mother sighed.

It was easy to convince everyone but herself.

"What do you have in mind?" Christina asked, also crossing her arms.

"You should go against someone with a power," Kate mentioned, zapping her hands with electricity for emphasis.

"Sure," Christina answered easily.

"Nina," Carlisle warned as he walked up to his wife. "You don't know what she's capable of."

"I'm sure I'll be okay," Christina patted his shoulder as she faced Kate on the field. By now, more vampires were crowding around the back yard, finding entertainment in the brawls.

Kate smirked as she got into a pounce.

Carlisle sighed. "Just be careful. Don't overexert yourself." He laid a kiss on the side of her head before walking to the sidelines, next to Edward and Bella; who was standing over the children.

"Don't hold back," Kate teased.

"I didn't plan on it," Christina muttered with a smirk.

The two were a flash of color as they set off to both go on the offensive. Christina was still a newborn, and she used that to her advantage as she dodged around Kate's electric hands. She could almost feel the buzz in the air as Kate moved to grab hold of her shoulder. Christina crawled under Kate's legs, quickly shoving her to flip forward.