f o u r t e e n

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter fourteen
power.

        Now.

Christina immediately grabbed onto Annie and placed her on Seth's back. He turned his big sandy head backward and gave her a confused look — but she didn't answer his silent question. She placed Greyson behind his sister and gave both of them a kiss on the head.

She turned to look at Seth with unshed venom in her eyes. She petted his face quickly. "Take care of my children."

He whined lowly but understood immediately.

Christina watched as Jacob and Seth took off into the trees, pushing past all the witnesses and other pack members. The mother gripped Carlisle's hand tightly as they disappeared into the trees — she could only hope to see them again after today.

"Follow them!" Caius shouted. Two guards immediately raced into the trees, making Christina's undead heart drop.

She trusted Jacob and Seth. They would protect the children with their life.

Christina's attention was brought back to Aro, as he was flung up into the air from Alice's kick to the chin. Aro turned halfway in the air, and landed on his feet, glaring towards Alice.

"Take her away," Aro ordered as two guards grabbed Alice's arms once again.

Christina snarled loudly as Alice got dragged into their line. She barely registered that Carlisle dropped her hand as he stepped forward with anger.

"Let her go!" Carlisle snarled before racing forward to help the pixie.

Edward grabbed Christina's arms before she was able to run off after her husband. She snarled and wiggled in his arms, but her eyes never left Carlisle's form.

He was quick to tear off heads and throw random vampires over his shoulder as he raced towards Aro. Both men jumped into the air and met in the middle. Their bodies clashed loudly, making a thunderous sound come over the field. They spun around each other before they landed — Aro on his feet, and Carlisle faced down in the snow.

Christina felt her whole body go numb as her ochre eyes landed on the decapitated head of her husband, clenched into Aro's left hand. She fell to her knees as pain erupted in her body — but it wasn't Jade's power that she felt. It was heartbreak.