f i v e

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter five
temptation.

        "Hello, Charlie," Carlisle greeted as footsteps came into the main entry way. The front door was shut as Charlie stopped next to Carlisle.

"Carlisle," he greeted back gruffly. "Where's Bella and Christina?"

"Right here, dad," Bella called out. Christina watched her furrow her brows, realizing how different her voice sounded after the change.

Charlie came around the corner, stopping short as he looked at Bella. His eyes kept flickering back and forth between both of his daughters, making the similarities that Jacob had pointed out before. Christina clenched her teeth just thinking about the wolf.

"Hey, Charlie," Jacob greeted, smiling from the corner of the room. "How're things?"

Charlie shuddered as he looked at Jacob, remembering what just transpired less than a half hour ago. Christina met Jacob's eye contact from across the room and growled lowly, only for supernatural hearing to listen to.

Greyson looked up at his mother at the vibration in her chest. His green eyes blinked up at her and she gave him a reassuring smile back.

Charlie walked across the room until he was stopped a few feet in front of Bella and Edward. Charlie's eyes turned towards Edward, accusingly before looking back to his daughter. "Bella?"

"Hi, dad," Bella chimed. He blinked at the song like voice, looking back to his eldest daughter as he made another connection. "I'm sorry, dad."

"Are you okay?" He turned back to Bella.

"Really and truly great," she answered. "Healthy as a horse."

"Jake told me this was... necessary," he paused to look back at his eldest daughter, "that you both were dying."

Christina inhale sharply, already feeling the burn in her throat from Charlie's scent— but like before it was easy to ignore as the thought of him being hurt overrides her thirst. She looked back to Jacob with another glare as Carlisle wrapped his arm around her.

"Jacob was telling you the truth," Bella answered, feeling the pain in her throat from her dad's scent.

"That makes one of you," Charlie grumbled deeply, and Christina frowned.