t w e l v e

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter twelve
bloodlust.

        "The snow is sticking."

Christina frowned and looked over at Bella. She was looking out the window, watching the first snowfall of the year. The mother of two got up from the couch, leaving the kids to play with themselves as she walked closer to Carlisle. He immediately wrapped an arm around her shoulders, bringing her into his chest.

"We still have today," Edward tried comforting — though it didn't work for any of the vampires, nor wolves, who were listening in on their conversation.

Bella sighed before turning around. A small smile appeared on her face as she looked towards Charlie. "I'm so glad Charlie found someone to take care of him."

Christina smiled at her sister as she too, looked towards their father. Charlie was extremely excited the last time they came over before the holiday. Sue's cousin, Margaret — Marg, for short — had come home for the holidays. She and Charlie had hit it off quickly. Christina had never seen her father so happy — besides the time Bella and Christina decided to return home.

Marg fits into the family quite well. She was a fun-loving person, easy to talk to, and definitely kept Charlie on his toes.

"Bella, no one's giving up here," Christina muttered quietly. She refused to give up. Christina couldn't take it if she had to say goodbye to her children.

Charlie clapped his hands together as he walked into the living room from the kitchen. "All right! Present time! Let's go!" He sat down in his normal recliner. "Seth, Leah, stop eating. Jake, you start. Get it going."

Christina chuckled at her father's enthusiasm.

"What did you get me?" Seth asked cheekily towards Leah.

She grunted in response. "I'm not giving you anything."

"Hey!" Seth complained. "No, come on, what did you get me?"

"Well, dad, we didn't have time to wrap yours," Bella started as she leaned forward to give Charlie an envelope. "But here it is."

He furrowed his brows as he looked down at the paper. Marg sat on his lap as she looked over his shoulder knowingly. Another good thing about Marg — she already knew about the supernatural.