t e n

A/N: it'a got to be like someone's bday today, so happy birthday here's your present.... (really just an excuse to double upload because I want you guys to be where I am in the story...) happy reading ~

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter ten
trails.

Carlisle leaned down towards a sleeping Christina. He slowly lifted her left hand, trying not to disturb her from her slumber. His cool fingers ran over her slender ones softly, enjoying the silence of the morning with the sound of her heart beat and soft breathing to fill the emptiness.

He fumbled with the cool circular object in his right hand for a short moment before slipping it onto the third finger on Christina's hand. He leaned forward slowly before landing a kiss.

Green eyes cracked open as Carlisle placed her hand back onto the bed. Christina smiled gently at Carlisle before something shiny caught her eye. She looked down before surprise froze her— an engagement ring rested neatly on her finger. She gasped lightly as she looked back up into Carlisle's eyes.

"Carlisle..." she whispered softly. She lifted her right hand to grip his bicep as she leaned up in bed.

"I never wanted to have anything in my life... that I couldn't stand losing," he whispered back. "You were right yesterday, life is too short, and there's no time to spare. I have never felt something so strongly for someone else... I didn't think it was in my cards." He laid another kiss on her hand. "I don't feel alone anymore." His golden eyes locked on to forest hues. "Will you do me the honor, and marry me?"

A single tear fell from Christina's eyes as she nodded her head. "Yes," she laughed, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck as he lifted her up into his arms. Her legs wrapped around his waist as she laid kisses all over his face, ending sweetly on his lips. "God, I love you," she whispered softly.

Carlisle just pulled her into another searing kiss.

⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶⊷⋆⊶⊷⊶⊷⊶

        Christina slipped her finger down the tree as another drop of blood bubbled on her index. As she walked into the clearing, she wrapped her finger in a bandage, slipping her hand back into her glove as she walked closer to Edward and Bella.

"You're both going overboard," Edward commented as he grabbed Bella's hand.

"If this is all I can contribute, I want to be thorough," Bella answered back as she pulled her hand away and went to slip it into her pocket.