t w o

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit inprevious chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter two
promised.

"It's good to be back," Bella muttered back with a soft grin. Her eyes danced around the room, looking at all the smiling faces, but defensive stances. Her eyes looked down at Greyson in Carlisle's arms; another twitch of a smile coming to her face. Before she looked towards Rosalie's arms, and her smile fell as she made eye contact with her daughter. Shock overtook her features. "I was out just three days?"

Renesmee reaches outwardly towards her mother, before placing her hand on Rosalie's neck. The blonde smiled and nodded her head, "yes, that's her."

Bella, still staring at her daughter, took a mindless step forwards. Everyone jumped into action except Alice and Christina.

Emmett and Jasper were in front of Bella, blocking her view from her daughter. Edward's hands tightened around Bella's shoulders, keeping her in place. Seth had moved behind Emmett and Jasper, ready to spring if he needed to, while Carlisle remained next to Christina, noticing his wife's lack of movement with Annie in her arms. Rosalie and Jacob had moved close to the door, ready to run if needed.

This all happened within thirty seconds since Bella moved. She frowned back.

"Oh, give her some credit," Alice sighed, not moving from her relaxed position against the wall. "She wasn't going to do anything."

"She just wants to see her daughter," Christina agreed. "I remember that feeling from when I woke up too."

Bella nodded her head slowly. She took an inhale of breath, her eyes not wavering in the slightest of color. She knew that she could handle being around her daughter and new nephew. Even Annie smelled more like wolf than she did human. There was too many smells over powering the sweet scent of human, and none of them made her throat burn more than it already was.

"I'm okay," Bella promised, patting Edward's hands. She paused for a moment before muttered softly, "keep close, though, just in case."

No one moved at Bella's request; Jasper was in doubt, trying to read her emotions.

"Jazz, Em, let us through. Bella's got this," Edward reassured.

"Edward, the risk—"

"Minimal. Listen, Jasper— on the hunt, she caught the scent of some hikers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time—"