t h i r t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

( outfit for chapter above )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter thirteen
contrivances.

        "I'd like to meet them."

Christina let out a warning growl as Aro's eyes landed on Greyson. It went unnoticed by the ruby eyed vampire.

Edward looked behind him and beckoned the two mothers to come closer with his eyes. Bella was the first one to step forward, with Nessie by her side — and Jacob by hers. She looked over her shoulder towards Emmett, and with silent understanding, the burly vampire stepped forward to walk with Bella, Nessie, and Jacob.

Christina kneeled next to Annie. "Stay with Seth, okay? Momma will be right back."

Annie frowned deeply, and with scared tears in her eyes, she nodded her head.

Christina gripped tightly onto Greyson's hand as she stepped forward, leaving Seth with Annie, knowing that if anything happened, he would be able to run fast enough away.

Carlisle took Christina's left side, and the mother was quick to put Greyson between them. Christina glanced behind her and gave Garrett a look. He nodded quickly, leaving Kate's side and coming onto Christina's right.

It took all but a minute for both parties to reach Aro. They each stopped in front of him, wary of his judgment from seeing Edward's thoughts.

"Ah. Young Bella." Her name rolled off Aro's tongue, making both mothers cringe backward. "Immortality becomes you." He turned his ruby eyes towards Christina with a bright smile on his face. "And Christina — so nice to finally meet you."

"The pleasure is mine," Christina replied easily. "Wish it were under better circumstances."

Both Edward and Carlisle gave her a warning glance, but Aro merely chuckled at her words. "Yes, indeed," he muttered before looking down towards Nessie and Greyson.

It was silent for a half of a minute before a shriek of laughter erupted from Aro. He joyously pointed towards both children. "I hear their strange hearts."

Aro bent down closer to them both, holding out his hand to read their minds. Nessie stepped forward, ignoring his hand. "Hello, Aro," she greeted in her small twinkling voice. He blinked as she lifted her hand to his cheek.

Once Nessie stepped back, he looked toward Greyson, who stepped forward with a greeting of his own. This time, the child did take Aro's hand — allowing him to read his mind and all of his memories.