↻29

Adults say that we have it so easy
They say I'm on my way to happiness
Then how do you explain my unhappiness?

"Do you ever smile?" Seowoo gazed at the boy who sat across from her as he scrolled through his phone- lounging on the sofa

Seowoo gazed at the boy who sat across from her as he scrolled through his phone- lounging on the sofa.

"Do you ever shut up?"
"You're still so rude to me, I should have decked you in the face when I had the chance."

"Do it, nothing is stopping you." He shrugged nonchalantly.

She clicked her tongue whilst rolling her eyes.
"You're so infuriating."
"Yeah and you get angry easily."
"No I don't!" She exclaimed defensively and Chenle glanced up from his screen with a deadpanned look.

"Okay, maybe I do- besides the point- you know it wouldn't hurt to smile right?"
"Too much effort."

"But it really isn't is it." She retorted.

"Can you shut up, I can't hear myself think clearly- you're so damn annoying." He muttered harshly, eyes staring into his screen with a visible irritated expression and tense jaw.

"Sorry, just wanted to make conversation..."

Seowoo got up from the sofa and dragged her feet over to the kitchen- the whole area was open plan so there wasn't much effort required to navigate her way.

There was a silence that consumed as Chenle glanced up at her dejected tone to see her walking away to the kitchen.

The air fell to a deafening silence as she sat herself down on the kitchen isle, back facing the boy who pushed away the slight glimmer of guilt.

Seowoo was staring into space, often immersed in thoughts to even notice her surroundings, drifting in and out of what was reality and what was mere memories.
Unable to distinguish the two from time to time.

Her phone screen flashed, glancing down at it and lethargically accepting the facetime call from Haewon.

She was panic stricken, gulping down the lump in her throat caused by the information she gained.

"Seowoo," Haewon almost choked out in a frenzy, gaining her attention.
"What's wrong, did something happen?" Seowoo asked immediately worried.

"I... Seowoo listen to me okay? Just listen before you do anything."
"Okay..."

Haewon bit down on her bottom lip, debating as Seowoo looked at her expectantly, curious.

"That night- he...fuck-"
"What?"
"Seowoo he knew he was going to die."

As soon as Haewon said that, Seowoo's face fell- a hurricane of the trauma she so desperately tried to push away began to swirl around her.

Trapping it in its merciless winds as it began to encase her in its demise.
"I'm not sure why he took you if he knew but I was checking the CCTV and he brought the necklace in a hurry and it doesn't make sense why he'd quickly erase everything from his files either."