↻40

I can't take another footstep, I feel like I'm already behind

The dreary clouds swirled in the bleak melancholy sky, harsh winds cutting through the silent air

Lonesome, the boy stood with his feet on the edge of the buildings rooftop- stoic blank expression painted his face, hands forced into his pockets as he stared down at the bustling city.

The neon lights illuminated his fair skin, unmoving.

It seemed as though time had stopped and every single thing no longer resonated within his heart and mind.

Heartbeat pulsing slow in his ears, drowning out the traffic below, emotionless he stood, nothing seems to affect him anymore yet inside he was trembling with his silent sorrows.

Every moment became eternity, a neverending brutal shadow that mimicked his inner child, mind a torrent of his worst memories.

They seeped from the cage of his hellish mind and played behind his eyes.
It was almost as if he could see the trembling silhouette of the young scarred boy.

Life was unfair- everyone knew that.

But when Chenle was growing up he begged, pleaded silently for a light to brighten his merciless pained darkness.

Although the sun scorched down on him, he was stuck in a rut- in a pit of the iniquity that his family bestowed upon him.

The Mafia leader's only son, the one with so many expectations that he couldn't see the end of it.

With the expectations came brutality.
His Father's loud harsh voice searing through the air as he yelled at the young boy.

Chenle couldn't do anything, he froze up and began to cry at the sight of torture or an injured body.
Inflicting pain on someone was something he never ever wanted to do.

So when he couldn't, he was ridiculed and mercilessly bullied for being the Leader's incompetent son.

An embarrassment to the family he was.

"You won't kill him? You won't do it?" His Father spoke with a clenched jaw at the thirteen year old boy.

"I-i can't." Chenle was frozen with the gun in his hands pointing at the already bloodied male.

His Father scoffed, veins bulging in rage.
"Kill him or I'll kill her."

Chenle's eyes widened.
"W-what- no!"
"Then shoot."

With tears streaming down his cheeks at the age of thirteen was the first time he took a life.

Ever since, he was a cold blooded murderer; a monster.

Chenle opened his eyes, the cold wind stinging his eyes and hair blowing back to expose the scar trailing from his hairline to his forhead.

"No! Don't do it!" The fourteen year old boy screamed out.
She was terrified, wide eyes and mouth parted with the fabric pushed inside to muffle her screams.

"Please! Don't do it, I didn't mean to!" Chenle yelled, restrained back.
"I told you to listen to me and you didn't, this is all because of you."

It was almost as if he could still hear the ringing of the bullet echoing around him, taking the life of the person he grew up with.

"Oh, what are you doing here?"

The sound of her voice silenced his frantic hellish mind- turning his head to see Seowoo standing by the steps that led up to the roof of the gang house.

"Could ask you the same." He replied monotonously.

Seowoo was holding the bag full of things in her arms as she stepped onto the roof fully.
"I wanted somewhere quiet to look through these." She spoke, placing the bag on the floor. "You?"

Chenle didn't reply, Seowoo's eyes drifting to his feet where he was inches from falling off.

She gasped, hurrying over with her breath in her throat as her hand enclosed over his upper arm.
"Be careful, you're going to fall!" She scolded.

Chenle wordlessly glanced at her, Seowoo's forhead crinkled up as she furrowed her brows and an angry frown on her lips. Her sparkling brown eyes gleamed with the illumination of the neon lights and the wind blew through her hair.

"Do you have a death wish, what if you fell off and died? Are you stupid?"

Chenle let out a breathy scoff, tearing his eyes from her to the skyline.
"Maybe I do, who knows- flying off the building feels fun." He commented dryly.

"That isn't funny Chenle, I'm being serious." She said tugging on his arm to pull him away from the edge.

She watched helplessly as his body was forced off the high cliff.

"Just go away."
"No." She defended, attempting to pull him away but he wouldn't budge.
"What's your issue, just go." He almost seethed.

Seowoo glared up at him and tried to pull him back by grabbing the material of jacket but Chenle pushed her off of him.

Seowoo was forced forward as he yanked his arm from her grasp, her feet stumbling when she felt the edge of the rooftop digging into the middle of her foot.

A breath hitched at her throat as she felt her body tip, falling backwards as the air seemed as if it was pushing her down.

It all happened so fast, her hand outstretching out in some attempts to stop it and eyes wide- heart lurching and fear filling her as she expected the worst.

Chenle's eyes flickered over to her with his reflexes that were quicker than his mind, immediately grabbing her wrist and harshly yanking her back up before her feet slipped off the edge.

Her body was drawn back up as the air skimmed past her, crashing into his own body as she clutched onto him.

Pulse beating harshly behind her ears, chest pounding with her fingers gripping the material at his waist, sight hindered by his jacket with his arms around her body in reflex attempt to save her from falling.

Wow she really nearly fell off the building bro