↻62

Everytime we talk it just hurts so bad cuz I don't even know what we are

Seowoo finshed fixing up the living room hurriedly, leaning back to stretch her tight muscles after hours of cleaning upon hearing her parents were coming back

Wiping the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand, she huffed out a breath of air and took in the now clean room.

She wondered why her parents were away in China for so long- longer than usual and she wondered if they were purposely away from her as Jeongmin's death anniversary was less than a month away.

Maybe they couldn't face her knowing Seowoo watched the traumatic scene of her brother being brutally murdered.

"What are you up to?" Seowoo spoke out to the boy who was on the phone to her, the speaker picking up his voice in his response.

"Hm," he hummed raspy. "I'm searching for something." His tiredness seeped through the phone as Seowoo could hear him typing furiously.

"What is it? You should rest Lele."
"The CCTV footage of...the moments before my Mum died."

Seowoo's face dropped, a frown taking over as she could sense he was holding back and straining his real emotions.
"Do you want me to look at it instead?" She asked softly and there was a hesitation on his side.

"It's just weird," he almost whispered out. "Seeing her alive, walking around with the smile she always had." Chenle felt his throat closing up along with the grief clawing up his throat.

"I'm sure she'll still smiling at you Chenle." Seowoo voiced quietly in case her words were no consolation to the boy.

He was silent on the other end however, it made Seowoo uneasy so she walked over to the phone, grasping it in her hand and casting her eyes on his name illuminating the screen.

"She's happy just knowing you're continuing to be as strong as you are and seeing you healthy too.
I know...I know it hurts Chenle but all we can do is trust they're in a good- no, a better place."

After her words, she held her breath unknowingly as she anticipated his reply.
The sound of his uneven breath brought Seowoo's mind to race with thoughts. She wondered if he was alone, if Loki was with him or he had people around him.

"...thank you Seowoo, you're right." His tone was quieter, almost like if he was to speak louder then his emotions would pour out. She opened her mouth to speak again but his voice sounded through the speaker.
"We'll get to the bottom of it all...we'll get through this together, I promise."

"We'll be alright won't we?" She asked, biting down on her lip. Seowoo was clearly worried and scared about what was to come. "I just...sometimes I wish this was all some freak nightmare and I'd wake up to..."