↻33

I'm tired of this place

"She hasn't come back yet

"She hasn't come back yet." Jeno stated as he sat on the sofa, his fingers tapping the leather arm rest of the chair he sat in.

"Maybe she isn't a match for this life." Renjun said, sighing and rubbing his temples. "I'm saying this for her own good- she will get killed. This life is merciless."

Jeno exhaled harshly, leaning his head back on the headrest as he looked up at the ceiling.
"I'm starting to think this wasn't just a unreasonable murder."

"What do you mean?" Heejin asked as she took the lollipop out from between her rosy lips- glancing at her obviously stressed boyfriend.

"There must be a reason he brought her there right? Unless he wanted to traumatise his sister then..." Donghyuck trailed off as he looked over at Seyeon who narrowed her eyes at the computer screen. "You'll get wrinkles babe."

Seyeon waved him off.
"I remember him...Ahn Jeongmin he was from the violent crimes unit."
"Really, were you close?" Jieun asked, her legs in Renjun's lap.

Seyeon shook her head.
"Only knew of him- still...some were surprised he was dead."
"Clearly."
"No I mean some were surprised."

Jeno sat up straighter.
"Who were the rest?"
"Some guys in his unit- from what I know they were close but when he died...they all disappeared."

"Dead?"
"Not sure." Seyeon clicked her tongue, attempting to remember. "But all I know is...his death was provoked."

"He was in charge of cases right, surely he had enemies."
"No, that's the thing- he wasn't anyone well known. Behind the scenes and shit so you wouldn't see his name in big cases."

"Strange, maybe he was investigating a case by himself and got caught up with the wrong people?" Jieun offered.

"Or maybe he was hiding the case."

Seowoo sighed breathily, ruffling her her sightly out of her face as she placed her hand on the cold door.

The door she hadn't opened in nine months, the feeling so intoxicatingly nostalgic yet foreign. She closed her eyes, the memories of walking in and out of this very room nonchalantly her whole life just seemed like a different person.

Shaking them away, Seowoo readied herself.
It's only his room.

She turned the door handle, the click resounding through the silent hallway as she hesitantly pushed it open.

The sight of his room sent the girl's breath hitching.

It was the same, nothing had been touched.

His bed still had the navy covers on it and the picture frame of him engaging to his girlfriend sat on his bedside table, followed by one of their family.

She had to swallow the lump down her throat before she could even begin to breathe.
The scent, the one she was so accustomed to months ago made tears spring to her eyes.

His glasses were perched on his shelf, pajamas strewn on his bed and one of his closet doors ajar.

Her eyes landed on the desk, his laptop placed on it with the familiar watch she brought him next to it.

Seowoo felt light on her feet, bringing herself over to his bed as she sat down on it- her fists clenching the cold navy covers.

"Jeongie..." She trailed out in a whisper. "What happened? How did this all happen?"

Seowoo let out a heavy sigh, the weight on her chest compressing down on her lungs as she fell back on the bed.

As she layed there, the uncomfortable hard object dug into her neck- she scrunched her nose up- sitting up and glancing at the space her head was.

She reached out, placing a hand over it to see what was causing the pain.
The hard object under his covers peaked her interest as she peeled it back to reveal a book she hadn't seen before.

A white diary by the looks of it.

Huh...when did he have this?

Hesitantly, she picked it up in her hands- the white leather cold in her palms as she traced over the engraved gold writing.

BM

BM?
She pondered in her mind yet nothing she could think of made sense.

Seowoo turned the first page- glancing at the writing displayed on it.

It was some sort of chart- the left hand column had names and then an amount of money beside their name.

What?

She flicked to the next page with her mind full of confusion.

There was a drawing of the pitch black sky, white and yellow stars drawn into it with a moon inked in blue standing out.

She turned the page, trailing her eyes over the writing.

"Where the monsters live."

Monsters?

"Goodnight, make sure there's no monsters living under your bed otherwise they'll eat you!" Jeongmin called out every night to his younger sister.

Seowoo's eyes raked over the writing a few times before her gut dropped- snapping her head up in sudden realisation.

The monsters live under your bed...under the bed.

Seowoo slowly glanced down at the bed she sat on- mentally arguing with herself over being psychotic.

Something inside her began to swirl, urging her to give into her gut instincts, so she did.

The girl kneeled down on the floor- lowering down to glance under his bed- phone light shining yet there was nothing there.

Letting out a large sigh, a slight chuckle falling from her lips.
"Stop being paranoid Seowoo."

She began to sit up straight when she saw something glimmering that was wedged between his mattress and the bed frame.

Wait...

Seowoo pushed the duvet back and grabbed the bottom of the mattress.

Under your bed...maybe not literally under the bed

When she pulled the mattress up slightly- what she didn't expect was to see dozens of phones and three million pounds in cash staring back at her.

What's the theories ;)))