1-New Boss

Myra pov

"Myra", my mother called 

"Please wake up; you will be late for the office".

"Yes mom", I said while stretching my arms, yawning, and getting up from my beauty sleep.

 It's been 4 years I have been working in a company and still, it's so much pain to get up early in the morning.

 Quickly I got ready and went to the dining where my mother had lunch and my bag prepared.

 Yes, I am a very pampered child, I have a very loving family, dad, big brother, and mom, my brother even wondered why I wanted to work, I was always like I have earned this degree and I love working and living life on my own terms, my independence is everything to me.

*****

At the office, I greeted my colleague Shibani, she is a little crazy but I love her, she always has my back, today our company is joining hands with a new partner his name is Mr. Rudra Raghuvanshi, I felt I have heard this name but I shrugged the thought and started working.

Time passed and it was lunchtime and that time our boss enters with a man, Shibani commented "OMG, who is this tall, dark, and handsome man", 

I rolled my eyes hearing this and snapped"Stop gawking on every random guy", 

"No no Myra just look at him once", she retorted.

I reluctantly looked at him and well yes he is hot.

Our boss introduced everyone to him and approaches our desk "Here is Myra our marketing head"

 I offered a handshake he squeezed my hand quite hard and said "Pleasure meeting you Ms. Myra, will be working a lot together", Rudra spoke.

I meekly nodded and said "Sure sir", I don't know why I was so intimidated by his powerful appearance and his eyes oh god were so scary and dark, I need to stay far away from him.

Finally, the day ended, I was about to leave the office only that time the peon approached and said: "Rudra sir has requested your presence now".

I was a little shocked to hear why would he call me at the end of the day when everyone has left for the day.

I huffed in annoyance and walked towards his cabin which was on the other floor.

Outside his cabin, the cabin was dark, can't he open the curtains I thought, Weird...

I softly knocked on the door and asked, "Sir you called" he raised his finger and directed me to come inside.

Out of nowhere, he yelled, "What on earth took you so long?"

My body jerked to his strange outburst, no one has ever shouted at me "Sorry sir, the lift was busy" I said, to which he replied

 "Do you think I care, next time take the stairs, Understood?"

I was so stunned by his rude behavior and my no reply made him furious, he asked tauntingly again "Understood Ms. Myra I don't like to repeat myself".

"Yes sir". I simply replied, so annoyed and scared at the same time.

Subsequently, he handed over a pile of documents and asked me to study them and prepare the presentation by tomorrow morning.

Looking at the quantum of documents I replied "Sir, this would be practically difficult to do, seeing the quantum of documents".

"Myra I didn't ask you, have ordered you to do so, now take the documents and get out and start working" he literally barked, what kind of person yells at their juniors in such a manner.

I wanted to reply to something I was so furious but I choose to ignore it and I thought I would definitely talk to my boss about him, I don't wish to be around him.

And with that I reached my cabin and started working and I messaged my brother I would be a little late due to work, it took 4 hours to complete the entire thing and what shocked me it was already 10 in the night.

 I mentally screamed, I quickly rushed to the parking lot only to see my scooter tires were punctured.

oh lord, what a day, I called my brother and told him I will have to take a cab, he insisted on picking me up but I refused a "No Bhai(brother), I'll take a cab, don't worry, I will come soon".

And to my bad luck, I couldn't find a single damn cab, it was already 20 mins waiting for the cab, I was so exhausted and hungry, and suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder and was about to push the person, well the person was Rudra or should I say Rude.raaaaa!!!

I quickly apologize, "Oh sorry I didn't mean to, I got startled"

"What are you doing alone at this time," he asked, I mentally rolled my eyes and thought you are the one who gave me so much work, "My scooter got punctured, I am searching for a cab", I blankly stated.

"Ok I doubt you will get a cab at this hour, come I'll drop you" pointing towards his car, he offered.

 I hesitated "No sir thank you, I'll manage".

 Rudra's expression changed a bit, "I insist" he said in a demanding tone.

 I sighed and seeing no option I took the offer and sat in the car, I don't know why I was so intimidated beside him, anyways the ride was quiet, the last thing I would want a conversation with this man.

I reached home soon, getting off the car I politely said "Thank you, sir", just wanted to be polite.

  "I hope your presentation is ready, it should be crisp and accurate and you will present it to me tomorrow morning" I shouldn't have uttered a word, he doesn't deserve anything. 

Tired from the day, I blankly replied "Sure sir, Good night" and just like that he accelerated and went.

What a rude and arrogant person, he didn't even wish me back, I cannot work this man, even his presence feels wrong, I shall convey this to my boss tomorrow itself.....

******

Tell me what you think guys <3