33- Unfortunate truth

Myra PoV

First thing first, please follow me for notifications about this book. @violetdaffodils12

It's been a long day in the office today as for some reason Rudra was not in the office today, I had to manage a few of his works, this was strange as he does not absent himself from the office for an entire day.

He even messaged me to leave from office with the driver as he would be late coming home, he would never leave with me unaccompanied in the house, he knows I didn't like staying alone and he always makes sure I am not by myself in the home, but today everything seemed off about him since morning making me a little concerned, it's been a while that we are living together and I have not seen Rudra like this.

It is 11 in the night and there is no trace of him yet, no calls or messages, not even answering my phone calls, now this is making me really worried, I decided to wait for him in the living area, I sat on the couch and switched on the television and played some music, more time passed but still no sign of him, slowly I felt myself drifting in sleep on the couch.

My nap was broken when I heard footsteps, and finally, who decides to show my husband Rudra, I was kind of pissed and annoyed at his unexpected disappearance, no matter how things started between us but I am used to his presence around me always, he has slowly made a different place in my life.

"Rudra, what happened, have you seen the time, at least you could have informed me about your whereabouts", I complained sounding like a classic spouse.

"I am sorry, I was busy," he says sounding so low and excused him towards the room.

I was shocked by his reply, he hardly spoke, he sounded so distressed, and he is not fine, I could sense it from his voice, action, and body language, I followed him towards the room, but he was already in the bathroom.

"Come here" I signaled him to sit down, so I could dry his hair; he loves it when I do pat and knead his head.

Quietly he sat down; I stood up and pat his hair with the towel gently.

"Rudra, are you ok? You look so stress", I enquire as his quite behavior is bothering me to a great level.

"Nothing, I am fine, Myra," he says, but nothing sounded fine in his tone.

I sat on the ground beside him and made him look at me "Rudra you can share with me, I have never seen you like this, what's wrong you can tell me, I'll listen, please Rudra" I requested as I caress his hairs softly.

"Nothing Myra I am going to sleep; I am just tried" he replies and stood up.

Not being convinced by his response, I pulled his hand downwards forcing him to sit down.

Agitated he yells at me "I am ok, stop behaving like a child for god' sake"

His loud voice paralyzed my body for few seconds and I left his hand slowly, "o.kay" I said in my heavy and almost weeping voice, I really don't know if this anger is a sign of hurt or frustration.

Without more ado, he came beside and cupped my face "Hey I didn't mean to scream at you, please don't cry"

But these treacherous tears started to flow freely, I hiccupped and said "But you did yell at me, I was only concern about you, nothing else" I said as I wiped my tears.

"I know, what can I do to make it better?" Rudra replies softly.

"Nothing let's go sleep," I said in my cheerless voice