55-Heartbreak & Misery

Really disappointed guys by the last chapter's vote count please do vote.

Sometimes it really feels that the majority of readers are not interested in the story and character development, portraying emotions is a must, they simply want an unrealistic situation, drama, smut, and violence but I am sorry this book is just not that about it.

I really hope I do have some readers who are interested in the overall story and characters <3

Please comment along with the chapter

Myra PoV

Rudra is drowning himself in guilt and self-loathing day by day, he barely eats, doesn't look at me, only a few words are exchanged between us which includes asking do you need anything? Are you feeling ok? And that's it, even when I endeavor to communicate, he would simply leave me alone, every single day his palms are bandaged with a tint of fresh blood, he barely even sleeps so I do I, he sneaks every night in the room to check if I am asleep, so I pretend I am sleeping because that's the only time he would spend maximum time with me, all he would do is cry and apologies while holding my hand affectionately, it takes all the strength of mind not to comfort him, but I couldn't he would sprint away, the instant he knew I am awake.

"I love you so much Myra that it hurts to see you broken like this, I wish you could forgive me someday, I wish I could forgive myself someday, ever since we are together you molded yourself the way I wished for, please do this one last favor, please forgive me so that I can start doing everything you deserve, I am sorry" he whispers his words, kisses my forehead and cheeks softly, and leaves the room, I vaguely wondered when will he have this courage to speak this words while looking into my eyes, but will it change anything between us? He has realized and revealed himself but it's too late now, the time and moment has gone now and at the moment I cannot be called "His"

There is an ocean of silence between us and I am literally drowning and suffocating because of it, I can't take it anymore, I need to talk to him and he needs to talk to me, the barrier of silence is mounting day by day.

***************

I apprehended his hand and dragged Rudra with me towards the room, he hesitated initially but didn't put up a fight, I locked the room immediately making a point that we need to talk and he cannot run eternally, one day he has to face me so why not today, why prolong the inevitable.

"Talk to me Rudra" I simply stated waiting for him to look up and talk

"I have nothing to say" he merely whispered while his eyes fixated on the ground

I placed my palm on his face and made him look at me "You won't apologies to me?"I intentionally said so that burden from his heart is relieved and there is no way rather than speaking his heart out, why is he so scared to speak his heart out, I will understand him but won't be able to accept it, I know he is afraid of my response.

He looks at me with a pained expression "I...I...." he couldn't complete his words, he shrugs his head and rubs his palms on his forehead in grief and guilt, there is so much sadness in his eyes that it pierces my soul

"No Rudra, you have to speak" I insisted while I detach his palms from his forehead.

"The first time I saw you in the office, so many different emotions came rushing, from hate to love and everything in between, I didn't know how to react, what to say, but the empty and blank expression I saw in your eyes the same we hold for a stranger for me, hurt me badly, initially I thought you are playing with me and emotion again, this time manifestly by ignoring my existence"