27- Little one

Myra Pov

I stirred in my sleep when I hear the clink of curtains opening, I slowly opened my eyes to see Rudra holding a glass of lime juice in his hands, events of yesterday crossed my mind, I flinched back and moved to the middle of the bed, Rudra sighs with disappointment, and comes next to me, gradually lifts the duvet.

"Get up Myra it's already 10 in the morning," he said tenderly, I immediately sat on the bed and moved to the edge of the bed, my legs dangling in the air.

"Here have this" he offers the drink while we kept starring at eachother.

I quickly took the glass and gulped the juice in one go, making a fool for me, and started to cough a little.

"Hey easy there" he soothes my back, I quaver as he touches me, looking at my reaction, he closes his eye for a moment, took the glass from my hand, and bowed a little to reach my level and hold my palms in his palms.

"You should know this by now I don't mean to hit or harm you" he gently says as he makes loop patterns on my palm.

I was still scared of him no matter what he said and tears roll from my eyes landing on his hands as he said those words, why he can't be a normal human?

"No please don't cry, look at me," he says in a hushed tone, as he lifts my chin with his forefinger.

He wipes my tears and kisses my forehead tenderly, tucking hairs behind my ears; his concern makes me wonder why can't he be this way always, why his care and affection is a minuscule phase?

"Say something", Rudra whispered as he cups my face in his big palms making me look into his eyes, his orbs hold care, warmth and so many questions.

"Yo.u always hurt me" I whined like a child as I talk in a small voice and I looked down refusing to look into his eyes

He sat beside me while whirling my body to face him " I know that but your actions force me to do so" he said softly but with determination.

"Rudra you can't put your hands on me like that, for the last time I am telling you this I am your wife, you need to respect and my choices," I firmly said as I could not bear his abusive ways any longer.

"I know but you should also know this I am an authoritative man, you can't run away after deliberately defying me, I also yearn to respect Myra," he said in his demanding tone making my heart skip a beat.

"You can't run my life this way, this is incorrect" I somehow said these words, though fearing his reactions but I have to clear my thoughts to him.

Staring me for a while he says "Fair enough, but let's be very clear on this I am your husband and I will always have a grip on your life whenever I felt is necessary and I won't be pleased if you then protest about that as well"

"I don't trust you with my life or its choice" I rapidly replied and I am glad as we are having a civilized discussion about this.

"I don't trust you either Myra, no matter what, but you need to learn to respect me, we should work on this," he said sternly.

"Respect is two ways Rudra" I whispered

"What kind of relationship is this Rudra, we don't even respect each other, how will this ever work, I am tired"  I sighed in defeat, I don't want to fight, I just want to live peacefully.

"Okay, can we start fresh from today, but don't you dare cross me or do something I don't appreciate then I can't assure my actions" he speaks with determination while gripping my arms strongly and making me look into his mysterious eyes.