13- Hate you

MYRA POV

Monday arrived sooner than I wished for, I tremble at the thought of seeing him again but what is more frightening that one wrong step I take which can harm my family and I cannot even bear the thought of putting my family well being at risk. 

I just wanted this to end, somehow.

Gathering myself together I reached the office more precisely outside his cabin, waiting for him to allow me inside.

I break in close sweat when he called me in.

To my surprise he didn't make me wait for long, as usual, he called me inside immediately.

And I was welcome with the warmest smile I have seen on his face, cheerfully he wished "Good morning Myra, how are you doing now?" he asked.

I was stunned to see this man smiling I couldn't believe my eyes and my ears, I wonder how can such a malevolent person have such a warmest smile, e abused me hours ago but now nothing putting my thoughts aside, he abused me hours ago but now nothing, 

I replied in a monotonous tone, "Good morning Sir, I am doing fine"

Stood there like a rag doll, waiting for the next set of bad things.

"Please have a seat", he said with a smile while pulling a chair for me, again he made me doubt his intentions, 

I had so many thoughts running, I couldn't believe this is some monster who welted me like an animal for apparently those reasons only he knows, those memories were as painful as those belt marks, I quiver while thinking and sat on the chair very uncomfortably and distressed, looking at my discomfort he spoke, "Myra please try to relax, I don't intend to do anything rather than having breakfast and discuss upcoming projects with you"

"I don't trust you" I replied in the softest voice, almost breaking down.

He sighs and calls someone, "Look behind two guards are standing, eyes towards our cabin"

He makes way to the door and opens the door "And I have unlocked these as well"

I don't trust him at all "Just let me go, Rudra, let me resign" and I broke down.

"Shall we start with the breakfast?" he simply ignored my words.

He serves tea for me and then himself and started with his meal and randomly talked about work , economics, and politics, as he spoke I realized he seemed such a thoughtful and intellectual person, 

He kept initiating every topic whereas I would reply in one word or sentence dreading that he might get infuriated on anything I state to his dislike.

The fact that he simply ignored my request to resign made it clear, he won't let me resign.

So for better, we started to discuss upcoming projects, which literally shifted my thoughts completely towards the job, the entire discussion was time-consuming, and brain wrecking, but worth it, when you passionate about something, it makes you forget everything for some time.

Likewise, even Rudra seemed passionate about work, he definitely has ten times better knowledge and experience, it was evident through his style of work and the confidence he had.

For the first time with him, I ever felt I am actual boardroom discussing work in a civilized manner, and that made me forget for a split second what this man is actually capable of and what damage he has actually done to me.

I will make a way to run away from here, at the right moment, I have to act smart.

I was engaged reading a document, my spell was busted what I heard him chuckling, "Stop chewing your pencil it's very distracting you know"

He had this very creepy smile when he said this sentence"oh yes" I muttered and I was so embarrassed at the moment.

"So that's it with this project, I believe" he mutters while adding end notes to the presentation.

"Like you have communicated with the boss, can I put my papers down, my notice period is three months and till the time Mehta group project would be completed, and I would have no further obligation and nothing to serve to this company, sir" I spoke with all confidence, I would not miss a chance.

"You are not going anywhere" he glares and continues to work.

"You can't force me, Sir, I can show you my contract with the company, it clearly says I can resign from the company any time after giving three months notice" I continued.

"Don't teach me, Myra"

"I am not teaching you anything, I am not capable of that, but I will put on my papers by the end of the day" I shivered while speaking.

"Gladly put your paper, and then keep searching for your brother everywhere" and again he shatters me with a threat.

He might take my life one day by these THREATS.

"Please just stay away from my family, please please stop tormenting me, I have done nothing to you, I have nothing to do with you, please stop, I can't take this anymore, Rudra" I sobbed.

"Please Myra, stop crying, what happened yesterday was partially your fault, and I don't want you to repeat what you did and I am sorry, I should never hit you but you need to learn your place, do as I say and you will be fine, I promise and I am a reasonable man" he is the meanest person I ever meet, my fault, my fucking fault.

"You cannot abuse me, no matter what I do" I almost screamed in pain and misery.

"Will see" he retorts.

"I fcuking hate you, you monster" I yelled and left his cabin not caring about any consequences.

******

I sober up myself in the restroom, regretting my outburst, I looked at myself in the mirror, heavy eyes due to continuous crying and broken spirit, how did all this happen?

Gladly the rest of the day went smoothly, during this time, we both came across time and again, and he seemed fine, in fact, more than fine, I did not face any further threats from him.

He even left office early for business, and I could not be more glad.

Finally at peace, sitting at my desk, hoping for a better tomorrow.

********

Tell me what you think guys :)

Do vote, comment, and follow :)