14- Delusional

MYRA POV

To my utter shock, one whole month passed without threats or abuse, however, that day still burns my soul and makes my heartache.

My mind has thousand unanswered questions yet but somehow things have pretty fine these days though I have to meet and work with him every single day but the situations are drastically changed.

Since that day Rudra behaves with me in the same approach as he does with everyone in the office, he does not snap at me anymore, at least now he behaves utterly professionally but sometimes I sense he is way too generous towards me.

He makes sure we have our breakfast together every single day, I do find this kind of strange but I won't complain as long as he doesn't harm me or threaten my family's well-being and maintain his distance from me, I play along, as I am determined I shall find a way to escape from here.

And Rudra would be nothing but merely a bad memory.

The breakfast is so mundane, he will talk and talk as if he is trying to enlighten me with all these thoughts, beliefs, his likes and dislikes, friends, family every aspect of his life, though I never yearn for these details but having no option I somehow continue conversations with him.

Without words, he does things for me showing his guilt or remorse? I am not sure.

He even jokes around, laughs his heart out, and does every possible thing to make me comfortable around him, I pretend to be at ease and I always keep smiling just to make him believe I am comfortable but deep down I am very restless. 

And yes one more thing every day after breakfast he always offers me one purple orchid flower and a chocolate bar which I hesitate to accept but his persistent request made me accept those gestures.

In the general scenario, I would be absolutely happy and delighted if someone offered me this every day but here nothing is normal, what is more, amusing at the same time shocking both the things are my much loved, and he knows this.

He thinks that such petty things would make amends and make me forget all the abuse, he is absolutely wrong, I disgust him and his ministrations.

*******

At one of the presentations, I made a striking blunder in front of many office colleagues and our client, to my disbelieve he didn't make my life hell for that mistake instead he continued the presentation and covered up for my goof up.

I was absolutely sure he would yell at me once I am alone with him, but no he didn't utter a remark about my mistake instead I was the one who apologizes for my mistake, he simply shrugged and commented "It's ok Myra, you are a great resource to this Company and it was a small mistake there is nothing to apologize and you did a good job overall, you make me so proud"

The statement actually made me smile he sounded so unadulterated, that it was hard to believe he might have some inner motive for the same but I refuse to trust this man completely, my heart might allow the same but my head refuses that he could actually be a good person.

Currently, I am in constant worry of one thing, in particular, he had just promoted me to a higher position along with others, this action was definitely made to camouflage his wrongdoings but nothing can whitewash those things.

Is he so delusional?

 I knew I didn't deserve this promotion out of the blue moon, and I am only waiting to resign from the company once the Mehta Project is over which might take a month or so, no matter how things are pretty much the same as they were before Rudra came. 

I can't be here and I refuse to live in constant distress that one day he will change again and live his life just to ruin mine, I am just waiting for the right opportunity to resign and thereafter lead a peaceful life.

Rudra POV

 I am utterly obsessed with my girl MYRA, I watch her every move, she is always on my mind, and there is no single moment where I don't think about her.

 I feel like she has encircled me, my life, and my thoughts, and I have let my guard down only for her and have shared all the feelings and thoughts with her.

 It's an absolute blissful feeling to share your real self with someone but at the same time it's terrifying me because it can hurt me deeply again, but this time I am positive such things won't happen, I will have everything under my absolute control.

That smile, when she smiles for me, that is an addicting feeling.

I dream of her, even when I am awake.

I loved how she talks to me now, I don't see fear anymore though she is hesitant and alarmed most of the time, with time she will learn to stop behaving like this, she will learn everything.

My mornings are totally divine because I get to see her, talk to her, simply gaze at her, admiring her beauty, the way she speaks and moves her hand around, every bit of herself is so enchanting and captivating.

 I have made extremely sure by making so many efforts she has definitely started to like me, I see how she smiles at me every time I am near her, I know it would take a hell of a lot of time to make her love me but this can wait, I will make her fall in love after our marriage. 

I totally want her around me always, it sheer torture when she is not around me, the nights are more torturous I just want to have my MYRA in my embrace and I shall never let her go ever.

 I need her, I crave for every bit of her mind, body, and soul and I can't wait to have her all by myself and I have given her absolutely all the time she requires to accept and like me.

I have planned a perfect proposal which no girl can reject; I have been planning for a month and nothing can go wrong now.

 I know she will hesitate a little but I will convince her to marry me, well she has to marry me, no one rejects RUDRA RAGHUVANSHI, and that too twice.

 I have already told her she is mine and she understands this pretty well, why delay the inevitable, better today than tomorrow and I had planned everything after today's proposal, we will meet my family first and then approach her family and happily ever after, and I am eagerly waiting for tonight......

I will have her soon.......

A/N: Tell me what you think guys?

Do vote, comment, and follow :)