3- Humiliation

Myra POV

What a strange human being, it felt so odd to be alone with him in the conference room, the presentation took almost an hour to complete, what was even stranger that he never had his gaze towards the presentation, he is continuously gawking me with his big scary eyes, I am never a confident speaker but this one-way presentation made me so nervous and for some reason, I find him scary. "That's it, sir, the presentation is complete", I said.

He ever so calmly said, "Do you call this a Presentation, Miss Myra," I was so confused at the moment I couldn't even reply, seeing my lack of reply, he stood from his chair banging his hands on the desk in sheer anger "I asked you something, are you deaf?."

My body literally jerked at his statement and body posture, I tried to speak, "but sir I went through ....", immediately I was cut in between by his taunting voice.

"This wasn't a presentation, this was a piece of shit, what a waste of time, who even made you the head of the team, you are even worse than intern" with that he scattered the papers in front of me.

Silent tears started to flow, never in my life, I was humiliated this way or even yelled at for any reason and this person is making my life hell apparently for no reason.

I couldn't even look at him let alone utter a word, I hear loud steps coming towards me, I shrieked when he touched my chin and lifted my face for the very slightest minute I saw guilt but it was quickly replaced a very stern look, "Crying won't lead you anywhere Miss Myra, pull yourself together, stop acting like a child."

"Yes sir", was the only words I could utter while ignoring him look

 Huffing in frustration he stated that "Rework on your presentation and it should be ready by this evening, I will be waiting in my cabin at 7 pm, don't be late",  he left, leaving me there all weepy.

Immediately I reached my boss's cabin and to my disappointment he had already left for a meeting and won't be returning office today, sighing in disappointment I was left thinking how will I face that monster again.

Everybody liked my work but here he humiliates me, if he didn't agree on something, he could have raised his concerns, raising his voice in such a way is so degrading, I am now actually glad we did this presentation alone, I would have never been able to face my colleagues, I would have died from the embarrassment and empathy I would receive.

I am better than this, I would prove him the same.

Running out of option, I resumed my work wondering what else I can do in the presentation that would make Rudra satisfied with my work, I run through all the set of documents very minutely, reworking, reframing my presentation, I even skipped my lunch I couldn't afford any mistakes or flaw in my presentation, moreover, I can't take more humiliating words from him, and this time I won't take any disrespect and I will stand for myself and won't tolerate his humiliating ways.

It was past six in the clock, I did complete my presentation, I quickly started to have my lunch because I was starving, not even 5 minutes of me having lunch, the peon approached and said "Rudra Sir wishes your presence now", 

I huffed and replied "I'll come after my lunch", quickly completing my lunch within 20 minutes I reached outside his cabin, he was busy in a call, out of courtesy I waited outside, I was standing there for 20 minutes and running out of patience I knocked the door again

Looking at me frustratingly he put his hand at the speaker and, "Miss Myra if your brain can apprehend I am busy you are supposed to wait there" and continued with his call.

After 30 minutes waiting there, he pointed towards me to come inside, "Miss Myra why were you not here when I called you?" he inquired, "I was having my lunch sir", I muttered

 "oh, I see you, you want to earn sympathy points by showing you are so hardworking skipping lunch", shocked by this accusation I replied, "Everyone knows me very well, I don't need such brownie points, shall I start with the presentation".

I would not take any shit from him anymore, I have made my mind.

"No, I want you to work on something else, come here sit on this desk and start typing what I say," confused I looked at him and asked sir "but presentation"

 "well we are not working on that project anymore", he stated, and I am pissed beyond imagination I shook my head and sternly said, "I worked so hard for the entire day, you could have at least tell me that the company is no more working on this project".

He raised his eyebrows and replied, "I am not supposed to give you any answers, now sit here and type". 

Fuck this man, I would talk to my boss.

 He kept speaking for an hour and I kept typing for an hour, what am I now a typist how ridiculous, running out of patience  "I can't type anymore this is not my profile of work".

Now what I see a fuming Rudra coming towards me, "how dare you talk to me like this?

I don't understand, why he gets so impulsive on everything "Sir I simply stated this is not my profile", suddenly he grabbed me by my shoulders and said "Speak a word more and I will gladly show you your place" he threatens me.

Fuming in anger I pushed him away, I yelled, "This is inappropriate you can't touch me like this, I am leaving now",

Just then I felt a strong pair of hands on my arms, "How dare you to disrespect me, who the hell you think you are", he said while crushing my arms in his grip, tears started to form.

He looked like a monster ready to kill me, and I was so scared

 "You are hurting me," I said, suddenly his hands were off and I ran away from there like a coward.

A fucking coward...

*********

Tell me what you think guys :)