17- Devil's Den

Myra POV

Six days have already passed, still, no lawyer is ready to take our case, each lawyer had the same thing to say that the case is one-sided, the company has all the necessary proof and pieces of evidence to prove that my dad is guilty of breaching confidentiality.

 The atmosphere in the house was tensed and panicky and this was not even helping dad as his blood pressure kept reaching a new high, and personally, I have been petrified for the future what if my dad has bear imprisonment or anything of that sort.

I know he won't be able to bear this stain on his honor and prestige, he has led a very respectable life, fear has started to engulf me, I didn't know what to do, how to make things right for my family, thoughts of submitting to Rudra kept popping in my head but no I shrug it and determined I will figure this out also.

No, I am not that weak.

I started to call some more lawyers.

******

While passing through mom and dad's room I heard cries of my dad saying, "I failed as a man, I failed to cherish and give happiness to my family, everyone in my house is sick and worried all because of me, I know we would not find a lawyer, my company is powerful and the shreds of evidence are solid, even an average person would understand after seeing the evidence that there is no escape, I am in a trap and I don't have that kind of money they have asked" he cried louder.

He sniffed like a child and was trying to catch his breath, "We have to sell this house" he spoke again in trembling and broken voice, and that was it all my courage and valor flew away like a wisp of smoke.

 I have never seen him like this, he is crying like a baby, he has been a rock to our family, seeing that man losing faith and hope scattered me in pieces, I have accepted the defeat and my legs started to tremble to know the fact now there is only one way to pull my family from this swamp-like situation.

 My blood ran cold thinking about Rudra, while I was still standing trembling, I saw my brother coming inside the house holding his left arm in sheer pain and discomfort, and the side of his head was trickling with blood, I rushed towards him like a madwoman

 "What happened Bhai (Brother)?" I asked while tears refuse to stop.

 I quickly bought the first aid and started to clean his wound, I inspected the wounds and thanks almighty there is no major injury, I sighed in relief, "I almost got hit by a truck Myra, if on right time I didn't turn my bike, I doubt you would see me again alive" he said.

I hugged him "No No, Bhai never said this thing ever, please Bhai", I wept hard, "Why this is happening to our family, everything is falling apart, I am not able to do anything", he sighed, pain and defeat was so clear in his voice

"No No, I promise I will make things right," I said trying to comfort him, he chuckled thinking I am just saying to give his mind some ease, but I knew what I suppose to do to make everything back to normal 

" Bache, you don't stress about all this, I am going to my room and don't tell mom dad about this accident, I will make up some stories" and after brother left, and I knew I am doomed for eternity and I could not do anything about this, crying won't help, I told myself and pulled myself together and was preparing myself to walk in the devil's den.