4- Charade!

Rudra pov

Fcuk, I cursed out loud, she ran away from me like I was going to hurt her, my only intention was to scare her off so that she speaks something about the past or even recognize me more than just her boss, but I couldn't break her to tell anything, she is driving me crazy I absolutely refuse to believe she doesn't recognize me.

Why would she pretend? I don't understand.

Everything is fucking CHARADE, I know her, is she mocking me? I promise I will break this wall of this charade.

Seeing pain and fear in her eyes as I thought did not give me a sense of relief but it hurt so bad, I should not feel that way.

I lost my calm when she said humiliated me, suddenly whatever horrid buried inside came back, I literally crushed her arms, I hurt her, but I never intend to do that, how could I ever hurt her.

I simply want her to acknowledge me, I am not asking for too much for her.

 I need to do something much bigger now I thought.

Myra pov

I reached home and jolted towards my room only to cry my heart out, I feel so humiliated and scared at the same time, what have I ever done to him, why does he treats me like trash and scares me for no reason, being my boss doesn't mean he can do such things to me.

I really tried to stand for myself but he is powerful in all aspects, I am scared.

My sobbing continued replaying the entire day, I heard a knock at my dad he whispers, "Bache(Kid), are you ok?"

My dad has been my rock and he has always given me my space and privacy and all the respect, never ever questioned me, he always trusted and loved me with all his heart. He says daughters are the most precious gift to us, I would never upset him for any reason ever.

Quickly I replied, "Just a bad day at the office dad, will be there in 15 minutes for dinner".

 "OK my child, come soon", he said

Dinner went quickly, I looked so tired and pale that everyone in my family noticed and they were worried and fired me with questions.

I simply state "Nothing I am just tired, long day at work, I promise," I wished everyone good night and went to the room, only to rethink the entire day, thinking and thinking sleep came over and I dozed off.

*******
Another day another misery I thought as I entered the premises of the office, before Rudra I loved coming to the office but now everything seems like a nightmare.

 I immediately went to my boss's cabin to clear that I cannot work with Rudra anymore.

I softly knocked on the door, he politely called me inside, "Yes Myra", he said

 "Good Morning Sir, I need to speak about something, are you free for 5 minutes sir? 

"Yes Myra please tell me," he politely replies.

"Sir I don't wish to work with Rudra Sir I am not comfortable working with him, could you please make an arrangement so I don't have to report to him" I tried to keep my words as professional I could.

He sighs "Sorry my dear I cannot do this, Rudra owns a 70 % stake in this company and he is the one who controls the employee hierarchy, it completely under his control who shall report to whom"

 And come here he pointed towards where Rudra was smiling, laughing helping other colleagues, I could softly hear the intern saying "thank you, sir, for helping and being this kind", 

I couldn't believe what I witnessed, he is so welcoming and kind towards everyone except me, how did I step on the wrong foot?

 Sir voice broke my trance"Rudra is a very generous man and he helped our company from a big loss and he is a good man, you can see this, I think there has been some misunderstanding,  Myra you are such a good employee, you will definitely be in his good books soon"

 Forcefully I smiled understanding the entire situation, "Sure Sir, Thank you for your time" with that I left the cabin and proceeded towards my cubicle

My thoughts now started to run wild he hates me that's simple that could only the reason he humiliates me and he treats everyone with all patience and kindness but in my case, it's exactly the opposite.

 My thoughts were broken when I felt a tug in my hair and I knew only one person can do this, one and only Abhimanyu he loves teasing me, he is my colleague, we joined this office almost together, he is a very dear friend of mine.

Shibani keeps saying that he likes me but I always said you are crazy, we are just friends, well, to be honest, I might like him, I wasn't sure about his feelings but he keeps me happy and I feel safe around him and I really like this, I am comfortable around him,

"When will you stop pulling my hair?" I asked smiling.

He said "Never" I laughed at this answer.

We kept talking for some time and he made me laugh during the entire conversation, felt so good after laughing for such a long time, he is definitely such a charmer

My happiness was short-lived as I saw Rudra coming towards me, my heart started to race so fast, "Good morning Miss Myra, I see you are having a good time here",

 Confused at this reaction, I can't even laugh with my colleagues, he has no right to control me in this way nothing wanting to make the morning sour, I simply said "Good morning"

He reacts curtly "I have mailed you some documents, make a synopsis of these documents and will discuss this after lunch, meet me in the cabin at 5 in the evening, I hope you finish your lunch before that", with taunting words Rudra left from here, thank god Abhimanyu had excused himself, I would never know how to answer him them.

a/n: Tell me what you think guys :)