37 - Moment or Memento

Myra PoV

Since the day of our "love" conversation, he has been desperately trying everything possible to make me fall for him, though I also know not every gesture is not just backed by his need to make me fall for him, but I won't lie I am truly mesmerized by him, his aura is something you cannot ignore, I notice him, his actions not only towards me but everyone, in general, is remarkable, he is really helpful and kind to interns in office and he does so many charities not that he told me about it , but I have seen his bank statement, yes I have access to everything that Rudra had and built, he always say one half of me is you and other half is yours, yes when it comes to words and sweet smooth talks there is no reaching his levels, he is just too perfect, I always pretend his words don't bother me much but his word sometimes stumbles my whole existence in a good way.

Today Rudra has left early from the office, as there was a meeting with a client and he had already informed he shall be late to come home, so I decided to work for extra time and spend more time in the office, it's better being here rather be alone in the house, I absolutely hate to stay alone.

I reached quite late and immediately went in the room only to see a pair of comfy clothes and a note on the bed "Meet me at the backyard", oh Rudra so this was your meeting, I smiled as I really loved this small sweet surprises.

Soon I reached the backyard, the arrangement was simply so beautiful, our backyard was already beautiful and this lighting and lamps made it more scenic, it is truly a treat for your eyes, Rudra bows down and escorts me towards the sitting area an...

Soon I reached the backyard, the arrangement was simply so beautiful, our backyard was already beautiful and this lighting and lamps made it more scenic, it is truly a treat for your eyes, Rudra bows down and escorts me towards the sitting area and says "This way Ma'am"

"Well thank you sir" I continued his way.

"So what would you like to have first?" he asks while he pretends to note it down

"Oh God, please sit down" I said, as he was embarrassing me

One after one he serves all my favorite dishes, I wondered what was today so I asked "Anything special today"

"Every moment is special with you" he replies and softly kisses my knuckles

"So this was your meeting" I teased

"Well it does take time to do all this" he replies while pointing towards the beautiful sight

"Thank you it's really beautiful, I have never done anything for you like this, while you surprise me so frequently, I am sorry" I genuinely felt bad as I have taken zero efforts in this relationship

"You are by my side, I don't need anything else, don't leave my side ever, please" he voice sounded needy and scared simultaneously.

"Yes Rudra" I said while rubbing my palm over his knuckles

"Come" he directs to me to other space where there were pillows and matters on the ground, he hops on the place first and then suggest me to sit ahead of him, he places my hairs in front, place his fingers on my shoulder giving them a massage, I immediately relaxed under his touch and leaned backward, his upper body touched my back, he kept massaging my shoulders giving the right amount of pressure, kissing them occasionally, I simply closed my eyes and enjoyed the moment

"Thanks Rudra" I mumbled

He simply hummed and started to knead my head, oh man that felt so relaxing and soothing, I might sleep on here only.

"Come it is getting cold here," he says and lifts and we work towards the house, his arms firmly secured around me.

I was about to sleep when he interrupted "Hey I have one more surprise for you, come here" he says as instruct me to come closer to the dressing table, I really hope his surprise is not sexual, as I am so tired I work long hours today and our date night generally turns into long hours of passionate and intense make-out session where I have to stop him or else with his stamina and sex drive he can devour till morning.

"Close your eyes" he whispers my ear and makes me stand in front of the mirror

I felt something on my neck moving, oh it is a necklace I thought "Open your eyes" he says

For a second when I saw the neckpiece I thought it is just a piece of jewel but when I had a closer look this was not just another jewel, this is an heirloom which my nani (grandmother) gave me on her death bed, two years ago, my nani gave this, I utterly loved her and she loved me with her everything, I remember I spend all my holidays at her place, she was also my dearest friend, I missed her so much, but while traveling back from her place, we lost our few baggage's which also included this last piece of her love, I was completely shattered, till today I use to call Train Lost and found baggage department but no luck and today I had around my neck, I couldn't believe my eyes, my legs stumbled a little but he holds me in place.

I am speechless, looking at my state, he makes me sit on the dressing table while he kneels down and holds my palms "Are you ok?" his eyes only had a deep concern for me

"Ho.ww how did you found this?" I shuttered

"Myra, remember once you were having a conversation with your mom, I overhear, and then I asked you the full thing, I could read your eyes, it meant so much to you, I had to do something about it,  so I did, I found this for you" he replies while wiping away my tears

"Really?" I asked in uncertainty

"Yes, it means so much to you" he replies

I hugged him tightly and sobbed loudly "This means the world Rudra; I have no words to express how I feel" I said weeping loud

"Shhh, and you mean the world to me, I love you so much, please don't cry" he says while caressing my hairs and back

And the world stopped rotating around me, he didn't even realized what he just said in eight months of marriage for the first he said those words and I couldn't reciprocate a word, this feeling was extraordinary, I never felt something like this before, it was really frightening that in this one fraction of this moment, I may have fallen in love with him or it is just the moment I fell for, the feeling that he cared so profoundly for me that he found that precious token of my beloved grandmother without asking for it meant everything to me, it is so strange and scary that one moment can overshadow everything, for the time being, only thing mattered to me is this moment and I am lost in his arms, I am still figuring out whether it is the moment or memento which stirred this deep feeling inside me, maybe I would never figure out this or maybe I don't want to know the answer, the uncertainty seems so right at this moment... 

a/n:

Tell me how you guys feel about it?

What was your favorite part of the update?

How was Rudra's surpise?

So it was moment or memento, what are your views on the same?

Don't forget to vote and share feedback, it means alot

Next target 385 followers, once complete then I shall update the next chapter, so do follow :)