22- All his

Myra POV

Things went dreadfully bad for me and amazing for Rudra, every meet and greet my father had with people for the background check was so smooth that he couldn't find a flaw or something fishy in the family or Rudra.

 In fact, everyone had something positive to say about them, according to these people Rudra is a well-mannered and family man and for some apparent reason they all loved this guy, the Raghuvanshi family is an elite family, people had already started to congratulate dad saying this is best family Myra could ever get, day by day I just heard good things about him and day by day I could sense my nightmare coming close.

On other hand Rudra has become restless, as my family had not yet communicated to his family, and I was running out of explanation, he just does not understand giving a daughter is big deal for any family, on the very same day when I and Rudra had this conversation, my father decided to meet them, now after hearing all good about him and his family, even my brother and mother look content with this arrangement and whereas I felt drowning deeper in this façade.

*******

And finally, the day came when both the families meet, they connected within minutes of conversation, this time even his dad was there, but I noticed that he was also a loveable person but his family behaved aloof with him, everything went so good it was too hard to believe why was everything falling in place for Rudra, like he had planned each and everything so perfectly and minutely, a perfect master plan. I felt like I am standing in the perfect maze with no way to get out from there.

Laughter, talks, continued for hours, and finally, his dad asked to make our so-called relationship official and fix the date of marriage, my dad hesitated for some reasons but Rudra's father somehow understand that he is hesitant because they are bigger than us in all forms money-wise, reputation-wise and everything, but his dad assured wholeheartedly that they will keep me as their daughter only, and he also said I don't have a daughter now I will have one and nothing makes me happier than this.

These words made my dad confident and his heart bloomed with happiness and peace as he believed this is ideal for me but only if I could tell this is far from perfect and it's official now I will be now Myra Rudra Raghuvanshi soon.

*******

A few days after this meeting, the elders of both families meet and decided dates, venue, and everything for the marriage, according to Guruji of Rudra's Family, he had given two dates one date exactly one month from today and another date would be a year later.

My dad was ok waiting for a year but Rudra's family wished next month, Rudra's dad was convinced that the next month date is the auspicious date according to astrology and he somehow convinced my family and as my mother is a strong believer of astrology it became easier and he also assured all the preparation would be done together so there would no issue of time of preparation and that was it my fate's date was fixed, exactly after a month I would be his.

One month went in a blink, we got engaged the same day when the date was fixed, during that one month I and Rudra went on a dinner date as suggested by our family, luckily the dinner went well, he was not mad at me or maybe I didn't give him any reasons to make him mad, honestly, I was tired of his manipulations and threats.

 I behave the way he wanted like a happy couple who are getting married more like a puppet I behaved, other days went in crazy shopping, invitations, calling relatives, preparations and so on, everyone was on their toes running here and there for arrangements, but his family was influential so there tons of people arranging things as well, so it made things quite simpler.