18- Inhuman ways

Myra POV

As promised by Rudra, things were back to normal, the case against my dad was withdrawn by the company they said the shreds of evidence were forged, although they are still looking for the culprit who did this.

They would never find them. Rudra is a powerful and influential person.

The company also offered a hefty amount of compensation to dad for the unnecessary trouble and false accusations, but being a proud and nobleman, my dad politely refused the compensation offered, he had his goodwill intact and that is over and above every penny, in the world for him.

My family is again happy and content, laughter and contentment are back and nothing gives me more satisfaction bearing in mind that my family is hale and happy.

But to my discomfort I also knew that I have signed my life to a devil, this verity is my life now, I am extremely fearful how will he lead things now, the thought of getting married to him convulse my whole existence, the mere thought for seeing him makes me shudder in fear, how I am supposed to be his wife?

I won't survive that cruel man.

******

My family and I really had hard times in the past few days, so to relieve ourselves we went for a small outing to a nearby hill station.

We truly had great moments spending all our time together, having food together, playing together, shopping and whatnot, the outing made everyone so calm, peaceful and staying close to nature always rejuvenate us, for brief moments even I too got myself soaked in all fun, laughter, and family togetherness, ignoring all the dreadful thoughts in my head.

"Myra, sweetheart, you have not packed your things yet, we need to leave in an hour," dad said after seeing the mess around.

"Yes Dad" I replied in low voice, I don't want to go back, I don't want to see him, I fear him with my life.

"What happened? You look gloomy" he sits beside me, nudging my nose.

"Nothing, I wanted to stay here some more" I lied and tried to sound happier.

"Will come back soon, this trip was abrupt, we have things to deal with back there" he replies and started to help me in my packing.

I have to lie to him, my entire family, and the thought of leaving them makes me numb.

"All done" he did major help, while I pretend to do the walk.

"Thanks, Dad" I hugged him.

"My precious, come down soon" he kisses my forehead and left to checkout.

Sooner than I wish for our small outing was over and we were back at our home.

*******

I was about to doze off, I hear my cell phone ring, it was Rudra, my heart skips a beat not in a good way looking at the name, hesitantly I picked the call "Next time you leave town unannounced, the consequences would be not good" he spoke firmly.

 I stuttered "I..I.amm sorry, but I was with my family" I contorted

"Well you should be sorry and don't give me reasons" he immediately replied and continued