Ch 02 - Am I Dead?

Friday, "Boss there's a news that you need to see."

The sudden disturbance from the announcement of Friday caused Tony to glance up from the Iron Man gauntlet he was tinkering with.

He reached the common area and apparently the announcement has taken everyone's attention. Tony picked up the remote and switched to the news station channel that currently had bold headline statement "QUEENS VIGILANTE SPIDER-MAN FOUND DEAD."

Tony felt his heartbeat spike up and his vision got blurry. Steve seemed to have noticed this and figured out that Tony was having a panic attack. Tony couldn't take his eyes off the screen and said, "That's not the kid..." his breath was hitching. Steve started soothing him,"Tony breathe with me In and out yeah that's it."

After feeling his vision and breathing return to normal he got up from the floor. He saw all his teammates reacting Clint was dumbfounded and had tears in his eyes, Sam was grim, Natasha showed barely any emotion but they could tell that she was also sad.

Tony immediately took off to his lab to know more about the situation. "Friday contact Karen immediately and ask for vitals" Tony ordered. "Sir the suit is currently offline" Friday spoke. "This cannot be true if anything would have happened Karen would have activated 'Spider baby is hurt' protocol" Tony said to no one particular."Contact Peter" Tony said.
The phone call wasn't answered in the first try which caused Tony to panic a little but pick up on the second try.

"Mr. Stark you really shouldn't be calling I was having lunch and then have my Calculus class" Peter spoke. Hearing Peter's voice caused him to sob quietly, they were tears of happiness. He felt as if a heavy burden had been lifted from his chest. Peter heard the sobbing due to his enhanced senses and questioned him "Tony is everything alright? Why are you crying? Should I come over? Are you hurt?" Peter started to ramble. Tony tried to keep himself quiet and tried to tell Peter that he was alright but Peter knew that Tony was hiding something.

"Just tell me what's wrong or I'm coming over like right now" Peter stated dead serious. Hearing the seriousness Tony knew he will do it without a second thought.
"You are dead."Tony stated like it was nothing.

" WTF!!??"Peter exclaimed.

To be continued...