Ch 15 - Free Running

Tony, the Avengers, Pepper and May so basically everyone was waiting for Peter so they could start the movie night. "Call him" May said. "Ok" Tony said and asked Friday to call Peter. "Hello" came the voice of Peter through the speakers on the ceiling. "Peter where are you?" May asked. "I'm on my way".Peter said. "I'll be there in 10 minutes". He said and cut the call. "Friday where is Peter?" Pepper asked. "He is 56 km south from the tower" Friday answered. "That's too far to be covered in 15 min. What's your estimation Friday?" "45 minutes" Friday said.

"Well Peter has always been on time when he gives a fixed time like this" Pepper said. "Didn't you hear 45 minutes and Friday too has never been wrong" Tony said. "Wanna bet" Pepper said. "Oh you are on" Tony replied. "Those who believe Peter can make it in time like he said 15 minutes come here and place their beta and those who don't, side with Tony and get ready to loose." Pepper said. May, Natasha and Pepper were the only ones betting on Peter and the bets was of 15000$ of which 90% was betted by the billionaires in the room.

" Pull up the live feed or who knows he might cheat" Clint said. "Friday Baby Monitor Protocol, Present time. Go". The Movie started on screen which showed the city through Peter's lenses. "OK Karen we are gonna make it on time, keep the winds ready for my command" "Yes Peter" Karen replied. He swinged on a huge skyscraper and using his webs started to boost himself on top which took merely 45 seconds. "OK don't activate parachute I got this and don't tell Mr. Stark or anyone got it?" "Yes Peter".

He jumped from the top and activated his wings and screamed like a madman "WOOOOOOOHHHHHOOOOOOOOOO".
He was like a fucking bullet and the sweat was visible on the foreheads of everyone in the room watching the live feed. It was the sweat of fear. He swinged again when he saw a crane and landed on top of it. He webbed it's sides and pulled himself back like catapult and launched himself again. One inch up or down and his body would have collided with the cranes structure giving him fractures. He swinged and webbed and landed infront of a shop. He went in and bought snacks. He webbed them to himself and started climbing a skyscraper which was a stupid choice as it had a much much bigger skyscraper just infront of it. "He can't fly from there" Sam said. "You just wait, I know he will be on time" Natasha said.

He webbed the sides of the skyscraper infront and pulled back. Everybody gulped. He launched and it was so fast that the screen couldn't even show them. "Ah Karen this is life. Play my Playlist". Music started rocking. He opened his web wings and threw a web granade at the buildings below him. It exploded making a net and he jumped on it and launched himself again. "2 minutes and he still has 3 km pay up" Tony said getting up and smiling smugly. "Wait for minutes. You will be the one paying up". Natasha said.

"Karen how much time left?" Peter asked."2 minutes and counting" Karen replied. "Ask Friday to activate protocol:I am speed Bitch" "Yes Peter". All of the frowned. Tony asked Friday "What is it? When did he install it?" She answered "Sir this Protocol was installed when Peter always got hurt speed entering in the tower. It allows me to open the whole window in Peter's room and he has placed a no of stuffed animals and his mattress against the opposite wall of the window." "He hacked MY AI" Tony said angrily but a hint of proud parent in his voice. They stared at the screen again.

Peter fired a web granade on the roof of a skyscraper from where Avengers Tower could be seen and stretched himself towards and whispered "Forgive my sins. Gonna haunt the Avengers forever. Amen" and launched himself. He took off with such speed and crashed into the web and was thrown in the Tower's direction with twice the initial velocity. Avengers hurried towards Peter's room and opened the door and stood back. They saw a blur of red at a distance. Blink. And it crashed in the stuffed animals.

Peter came out of the room. "Hey guys right on time" he said grinning. Pepper, May and Natasha looked at him and then Friday said "Time up" they looked at the men of the team and took out their hands in their direction "Pay up losers". Tony grumbled before he took out the money and gave it to the women. "You're grounded speeding so much, dangerous stunt, hacking my AI. Don't you dare go out for two weeks excluding ONLY AND ONLY SCHOOL" Tony said staring daggers into Peter. Clint and Scott muttered 'Dad alert'. The team stifled a laughter. "Yes" Peter replied. "Now give the snacks so we can start the movie". Clint said as he tore the snacks from Peter's suit. He tossed everybody sodas excluding the women still sore about losing. 'To Losing' they cheered and opened their cans. SPLAT. All of them were covered in sodas and burst out laughing.

Peter never understood the bet but enjoyed the time with his family very much.