Ch 52 - Crushing On Wanda 2

Peter stood outside the school gate tapping his feet anxiously, waiting for Wanda. He then saw her waving at him from across the street so he sprinted towards her. "Hey" Wanda said. "So where are we having lunch?" Peter asked. 'He never greets me' Wanda thought. "Ah nothing on my mind. You know any place?" Wanda asked.

"Yeah follow me". Peter said and both walked to Delmar's. They had ordered their order and waited sitting at a table. "Here's your order. A combo pack for the lovely couple." Mr. Delmar said. Peter blushed and Wanda gave him a puzzled look. "You never told me you had a girlfriend Pete" Mr. Delmar said to Peter teasingly.

"Ooh I'm not his girlfriend". Wanda said. Mr. Delmar looked at Peter and patted his shoulder. They both dug into their sandwiches. "Sooo why did you wanted to meet me?" Peter asked.

"I've been wanting to ask you something". Wanda said. Peter's heartbeat shot up. Did she feel the same way, did she wanted to ask him out? A thousand thoughts ran through his mind. "Why do you avoid me?" Wanda asked. Peter choked on his food.

"I'm sorry, what?" Peter asked. "You stutter around me, avoid to hangout like you normally do with others. Do you hate me for Germany? " Wanda said. No, no, no, no, no did she think he avoided her. "What! no I don't hate you. I love you" Peter exclaimed. Wanda blushed and Peter slowly caught on to what he said.

"Oh my God I didn't want to ask you out this way". Peter said. Wanda didn't say anything and just looked at her lap. "I'm so sorry. I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable". Peter said. "I'm sorry." Wanda said. "W.. What?" Peter asked. "I don't like you that way". Wanda said. "O... Oh". Peter said. "You deserve better Peter and maybe you'll find her". Wanda said.

Peter nodded staring down. " Maybe we can be friends?" She asked hopefully. "Huh?.... Oh 's.. Sure" Peter said. "I'll see you later". Wanda said and walked away. Her heart sad that she had to break Peter's heart but she just didn't like him. Leaving a broken Peter behind who slowly let the tears fell from his eyes and cried till he reached home and fell asleep.