Ch 42 - Anesthesia

Peter was getting his wisdom teeth removed. The shot was sent by Bruce himself so that Peter doesn't gain consciousness in the middle of the painful process.

Peter handled it pretty well. The shot didn't let him feel a thing. He got up and walked out of room to see Tony sitting at the resting area. "Let's go" Peter said slurring. "Huh? OK." Tony said and walked out. They both sat in the car in silence.

The ride went silent Tony thought it was because Peter was drugged. As they walked out of the elevator on the floor. He tugged Tony's sleeve. "Yeah Peter?" Tony asked. "I wanna say something". Peter said. "OK? Go on". Tony said unsure. Everybody was looking at the interaction of the drugged kid and no clue dad.

"I just realised that if you shit in an elevator you could literally take it to the next level" Peter said grinning. Tony just stared at him. "Genius" Tony whispered. "Hahahahahhahahahahahaha" The group laughed. "No the thing he said literally made sense". Bruce said shushing the group.

The sat Peter down. "OK Peter tell us what you think about anything". Bruce said looking at him with full attention. "I just realised that it is okay to kick a pregnant woman". Peter said. "What no Peter you should never do that". Steve said. "No Steve let me finish. It is okay to kick a pregnant woman as long as it is from the inside". Peter said. "Genius" Bruce too whispered.

Pepper walked in on the group surrounding Peter. "What you doing?" Pepper asked. "Shhh" Tony shushed her. "What?" Pepper asked. No one payed any attention to her. "Peter honey you alright?" Pepper asked. Peter broke down into tears. "Wh.. What happened Peter?" Pepper asked.

"I'm not okay". Peter said. "My life was a lie. The real order to use a suitcase is by keeping it vertical. Letter G is a spinning arrow. My Uncle died and parents too. My crush liked me back but her dad was the Vulture then she leaves and I'm stuck in the abyss of singleness again. Not to mention school is hell. Bullying and being accused of lying about this internship". Peter sobbed.

Silence

"Ok we'll have a talk about school matter when you wake up. Now off to bed". Pepper said. Peter nodded and made grabbing arms. "Peter what are you doing?"Pepper asked. "I wanna be carried to bed"Peter said." But you are too heavy"Pepper said. "You either carry me or I continue to tell about my dreadful, depressing, all full of loss, shit of a life" Peter said. "Ok ok let's go to bed". Pepper said and with all her might swooped Peter into her arms.

Peter kept his head on Pepper's shoulder. "Thanks Mom. I'm really tired I'm just so tired". Peter said and started snoring. Pepper wide eyed turned to everybody. "I didn't just imagine that did I?" Pepper asked. They shook their head and she just shed tears of happiness while smiling.

"OK I'll carry him." Tony said getting up. "Yeah let Dad carry Peter" Clint joked. "I'm not cut for being one I won't be good at that sort of thing". Tony said taking Peter in his hold. "Yes you'll not be good. You're the best" Peter said patting Tony's head. "OK I take that back" Tony said turning to Clint.