Even He Cannot Foresee The Cuddles

Sasaki was expecting a lot when he agreed to meet All Might's successor, very few of those expectations were good. He was adamant that this boy could not match up to Mirio in any way, because it was obvious to him that Mirio was the superior choice to become the next Symbol of Peace. He most definitely was not expecting Mirio to be carrying the boy on his back, laughing and joking together as they stepped out of the elevator.

He wasn't expecting the boy to completely look over the tickling device Bubble Girl was strapped to. He wasn't expecting the boy to jump off Mirio's back and barely reach the blond's shoulders (though given the boy's bushy hair, he was likely even shorter than that). He was not expecting the bright smile the boy gave him, while excited, it was not blinded by hero-worship.

He led the boy into his office, leaving Bubble Girl to Mirio. As they move, Sasaki pulls him by the wrist to the correct door, Mirio and Bubble Girl following. Sasaki takes a seat and the boy stands almost laxly across from him, his posture loose but his expression one of contained excitement. Sasaki temples his fingers as he leans forward on his desk, "why did you chose my agency?"

"I want to become stronger," Izuku says without hesitation, "I want to be able to save more people, so I have to be stronger."

Sasaki sighs, another muscle-head-hero type, "do you know what my agency does?"

"Of course! The Nighteye Agency is among the top informatics agencies without underground heroes on their payroll. You deal in daytime patrols and information gathering, you tend to stay away from big power battles and try to keep a low profile in regards to the public so as to keep your quirk as unknown as possible." The boy lists off easily, "it's what I need to learn to become a stronger hero. The better I can find and analyze information the better I can save lives."

Sasaki blinks at that, maybe I was wrong about this one, "and what do you know about me?"

"You're Sasaki Mirai, Hero Name: Sir Nighteye, former partner to All Might, age 38. Your quirk is called Foresight and allows you to see pieces of a person's future as long as you have prior skin contact, like when you grabbed my wrist in the hallway, and eye contact, like when we started this conversation. You're extremely hard to find information on and you like it that way. You foresaw All Might's demise and when he refused to quit hero work, you left and started your own agency to hopefully get rid of that villain before they can get to All Might, which failed. You haven't talked to the man in nearly six years, despite both of you wanting to. But since we both know All Might is a wimp, it's unlikely to happen given that you also are a wimp." The boy tilts his head to the side with a small smile, "did I miss anything?"

Sasaki was shook. This sixteen year old boy knew more about him than even his sidekicks did. Swallowing his suddenly dry saliva, he motioned for the other two to leave them, "I guess the only thing left to do is see if you're worthy enough to work here." He picks up the stamp from where it was sitting next to the boy's application paper (when did that get there?) and showed it to him, "take this stamp from me in the next three minutes and stamp your paper yourself if you want to intern here." The boy just blinked at the sudden change, "I don't care what happens to the room and this is private property so you can use your quirk. Starting now," Sasaki said as he stood in the middle of the room.

The boy, to his credit, did not hesitate long, quickly powering up in flashing green lightning before trying for a direct attack, jumping over Sasaki's head, and failing when he closed his hand over the stamp. The boy quickly flipped around, diving over two or three times as he tried and failed to grab the piece, Sasaki calling out his moves milliseconds before the boy does them. And then, he's surprised when, a whole minute earlier than his Foresight told him, before he could even talk, the boy started jumping around the walls like Gran Torino. The attack patterns were the same as what his quirk told him, just being executed earlier than planned.

When that still failed to render the boy his objective, he paused, tilting his head, and Sasaki even tried to use his quirk again to see what would be happening, he got the past instead. This had never happened to me before, before he had the time to truly think on it, the boy came barrelling at him, tackling him in a hug that surprised the man. Sudden numbness fell over him, a lightness that Sasaki was unused to.

The boy waited half a minute, almost forgetting what he was supposed to be doing, before carefully prying the stamp from his hands and getting up to stamp his paper. The doors burst open, Mirio and Bubble Girl stopping when they noticed Sasaki on the ground, staring at the ceiling, dazed.

"Sorry for intruding!" Mirio calls as Bubble Girl says, "are you finished? We heard a commotion!"

The bo-Izuku holds up his paper, stamped and all, with a large smile. "This means I'm hired, right, Sir Nighteye?"

Sasaki lets out a strained huff of a laugh as he continues to stare at the ceiling, "yes."

Mirio bursts into a large smile, "congratulations! Izu!"

Bubble Girl wanders in, looking around at the small mess left by Izuku's attacks, "are you alright, Sir?"

"I'm fine, Bubble Girl. He blew away all my expectations," Sasaki finally takes his eyes off the ceiling, to glance at where Mirio has pulled Izuku into a hug. Bubble Girl left him at his insistence, walking Mirio and Izuku back out, congratulating and hugging the boy as they went.

It was less than a day later when Sasaki learned how to function with Izuku's very warm and comforting presence and not let it distract him. Soon after that, Mirio added him and the other two to the group chat, Centepeder having already sworn to protect the boy.