27

When it came time for us to begin the apartment search Harry offered to drive me to Emerald and Jade's house so I could get some clothes.

I'm not there for Jade, so she can suck it up and get over it. I knocked on the door and relief flooded through me seeing Emerald answer the door. Of course though, I still am a little upset at her for not keeping her damn mouth shut but I'll deal with that later.

"Hey." She said smiling. "Hey am I able to get some clothes?" I asked. She began to look around the parking lot searching for something. "Where's your car?" "Oh..Maddie drove me." "Oh alright.." I stepped inside ignoring Emerald's questioning stares.I walked towards her room not trying to make it obvious I was here

I looked over and saw Jade getting up from the couch. I panicked and ran into the room not foegetting to lock the door behind me. It's not that I am afraid of Jade.. I'll take that back, Jade fucking scares me sometimes. I threw off Harry's clothes going thorugh my clothes doors pulling a out a whole outfit. Well just a floral dress and panties. I slipped on the underwear not giving a shit about changing my bra and threw the dress on.

"Who was at the door?" I heard Jade question. "Lacey-" "Why did she come here?" I heard her raise her voice.

I cringed not wanting to go out there. I picked Harry's clothes off of the floor and unlocked the bedroom door and booked it out towards Emerald's bedroom window. I slid it open looking down at the distance from the ground to up here. It won't be so bad. I climbed over the window sill jumping down.

I cringed remembering that I am wearing a dress so I felt the wind lift it up as I was jumping out. And just my luck, children were outside. I kept my head down walking fast back to Harry's car.

As I made it over there I could tell he was trying not to laugh but failed. Once I set foot into the car Harry exploded with laughter.

"Why in the hell did you go all ninja and jump out of the window?" "Long story, let's just get out of here." I said trying to hide myself. Any minute Jade will be plopping her head out and will come and attack me.

Harry sped off turning up the sterio. Hardcore Metal played loudly through the speakers, Harry tapped his thumbs against the steering wheel along with the beat of the drums. I watched Harry wondering how he could be so calm and collected while listening to such harsh voices screaming into a microphone.

The next song played and I looked at him with confusion. The next song was very calm and nonscreaming like. "Are the same artisits of the last song sining this song too?" Harry laughed and shook his head. "Not even." He said turning the volume up. "Who sings this?" I asked loudly to make sure Harry could hear me.We

"Twenty One Pilots." He said back. I nodded my head listening intently. "I like them." I said feeling the groove. "The songs called Stressed Out. You should definitely listen to them." I had to agree with him, I definietly do need to. The song ended as we pulled up to the fist apartment complex I was looking up last night.

Harry shut the engine off and rolled our windows up. I got out of the car walking next to Harry. I wasn't sure what we were after last- this morning. We didn't really talk about it but we have definitely gotten along way better.

We both walked into the lobby for the apartment and made our way up to the front desk. An old women sat at the front desk typing away on her computer. I don't think she heard us walk in because she still typed away not looking up at us.

"Um excuse me?" She held up her hand silencing me. Oh. So maybe she did hear us, or feel our presence? She stopped what she was doing and looked up at us. "Uh hi, I was wondering if you had any open houses for your unused apartemnts?" I tried to sound as professional as I could, but I knew I epically failed at it.