CHAPTER 11

Mimi's POV 

Mimi lazily stretched her sore muscles with a smile on her face as the events of the previous night played in her mind. Her body tingled as she thought of the pleasure that Michael gave her. She frowned when she reached her hand over to his side and he was not beside her.

She rose from the bed to find him standing by the window that overlooked that part of the city. He was lost in thoughts that he didn't hear her as she slipped from the bed and padded towards him. She hugged him from behind, he stiffened and muttered something incoherent.

"Morning" she said with a heavy sigh. She thought after what happened last night he would be ecstatic. As if snapping fom a trance he quickly turned around and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm sorry baby, you just caught me by surprise. I didn't hear you wake up." He said walking back into the room. Mimi followed him as he sat down on the bed.

"You were deep in thoughts what is bothering you?"

"She lied to me." He said with disbelief, a snort left his mouth.

"Who lied to you Michael?" She asked gently with a concerned voice.

"All this time I was feeling guilty because I thought I hurt her, that I was cheating on her. It turns out that she also cheated and she fell pregnant with another man's child." He said with disbelief.

"Oh I'm so sorry Michael....."

"You know I actually loved that woman. She was my first love and she was the first woman to ever make me feel some emotions I never thought I could feel. I didn't know it would hurt this badly. She played me for a fool, she even had the audacity to say to my face that she fucked him in our apartment, on our bed. Of all the woman in these world I never thought Kayla was capable of hurting me this badly." He said rubbing at his eyes.

"Just know that I will always be here for you, whatever you need just know that you can count on me." She offered giving him a sympathetic hug.

"Thank you Mimi, without you I wouldn't know what to do." He said pulling her in for a deep hug.

"Just take it one step at a time. Think carefully about what you want to do."

"I want a divorce. I don't think I will ever be able to face that woman again or even forgive her for what she did. I want her out of my life and the only way to do that is through divorce." His voice was dangerously low and his eyes murderous as he said that.

Mimi tried very hard to hide her delight. Finally Michael was going to be exclusively his. She feigned a concerned look as she hugged him. She listened to him as he went on and explain how he wanted the divorce. They made love one more time before  she raised from the bed.

"Baby I have a class in at 11, can you drop me off at school we will talk more later after you are done with work and I with my lectures." She said as she hurringly looked for her toiletry bag.

"Okay. I guess we will have to save time and just shower together." He said playfully as he placed a kiss on her forehead. They showered and Michael dropped the beaming Mimi at school.

Bontle was preparing for class when she felt the lock of their room rattle. She guessed that it was probably Mimi. She had spent the night at the library doing an all night and working on an assignment and when she came to the room in the morning she found it empty. She tried to call Mimi but her phone was off.

"Girlfriend..." Mimi gushed as she flew her arms around Bontle. Bontle was taken aback by her sudden excitement and display of affection as Mimi have been temperamental after her break up with Michael.

"What's going on?" She asked confused.

"Oh can't you guess? I spent the night with Michael and it was amazing." She said dreamily.

"Okay" she responded unattentively.

"That wasn't the response I expected. You are not happy for me are you?"

"Michael hurt you Mimi and he will hurt you again so pardon me for being the friend that wants what's best for you." She warned.

"He is divorcing his wife and finally we will be together." Mimi tried hard to not allow Bontle to dampen her mood.

"So I'm suppose to be happy that he is divorcing his wife? I'm sorry I won't be celebrating someone's misery. You know how I feel about what's going on between you and Michael." Mimi said as she packed her books in her bag and got ready to go to class.

"I expected you to feel happy for me." Mimi pouted as she flung herself on the bed.

"Yeah well we don't always get what we want." She retorted sarcastically.

"Bontle...."

"I'm sorry Mimi but what is happening to that lady happened to my mother. This is like re-watching what happened to my mother all over again."

"I'm sorry too I guess I was insensitive."

Bontle left without a word and headed to class. She actually pitied Michael's wife. She had watched her poor mother fall apart after her divorce. Though Mimi was her friend she knew that with Michael she was crossing a line. Lately Mimi had turned into someone that she barely recognised. She got pleasure from someone's misery and was insensitive.