CHAPTER 43

Kayla's POV

Two weeks later, she looked at the invitation email before her. The DSTV viewers choice awards were approaching and she was invited as a VIP guest. She had received a call in the morning from Mrs De Punt telling her that there were some celebrities who were keen on having her design their evening gowns for the event. Dressing celebrities was a big deal because if she did a great job then her name will be known around Africa.

She re-read the invitation email again, still in disbelief. She was given a choice of bringing a plus one. She wanted Sibusiso to do the honours but she didn't know how to approach him about the issue. She was wrecking her brain thinking of which strategy to use to have him agree. She thought of seducing him into agreeing, she knew he wouldn't be able to resist her if she pulled up in a little red lingerie.

She was machaniting in her head about what she was going to wear. Already she and the junior fashion designers have started sketching dresses for the celebrities who placed the orders. Some celebrities emailed her their designs while others wanted her to make their dresses from scratch.

Kayla opened her design book and went to a blank page. She started sketching the kind of dress that she wanted.  She knew she wanted either a ball gown or a mermaid dress. Her fingers got to work as she made a rough sketch of a ball gown.

"Miss King there is someone here for you." Valery said, poking her head into her office.

"Not now Valery. Can you please ask them to make an appointment." She said absent-mindedly, her whole focus on the piece of paper before her.

"You wound me my love. Don't you have time for me?"

She heard the husky voice that always sent a delicious chill down her spine.

"Oh I'm sorry sweetheart, please come in. Thank you Valery if you can make sure that we are not disturbed that would be lovely." Kayla said rising from her chair, the piece of paper she was working on forgotten.

Valery closed the door with a smooth click as she left her office. Sibusiso captured her around the waist and pulled her towards him. Her heart sped up and she felt herself go breathless as she stared into his warm melted dark chocolate eyes. His lips gently crushed into hers and he kissed her softly. Kayla moaned into the kiss, her arms draped lazily around his nape. His hands on the other hand were drawing little circles against the side of her breast. His kiss was soft, gentle and so tender. She reeled into it and was disappointed when he pulled away.

"I have missed you love." His lips brushed softly against her temple, going down her neck. She submisively exposed her neck for him and she moaned as his lips connected with her sensitive skin.

"I missed you too darling." She purred, rubbing her body against him in a seductive manner.

"You minx. Are you trying to seduce me in your office?" His voice was playful.

"Is that bad?" She whispered, her sultry voice whispering against his ear, making goosebumps break all over his body.

"As much as I would love to ravish you against this table, I have a reason for visiting." He disentangled himself from her.

Kayla disappointingly moved back and went to seat behind her desk. Michael threw himself unceremoniously on the chair opposite hers. His eyes drifted to the piece of paper on the desk and he examined the pencil sketchings.

"Wow, this would look great on you." He genuinely said with a soft smile.

"You think so? Cause I was thinking of wearing this to the DSTV viewers choice awards two months from now. I have been invited and I'm to bring a plus one so I was hoping you would do the honours of being my plus one."